Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Key deliverables/ Main responsibilities:
The position is responsible for the Mobile Engineering leadership, application architecture, development and support of new and existing mobile application platforms for Manulife Asia, including but not limited to the Manulife MOVE platform.
Application Architecture, Development and Support
- Technical leadership of Mobile Development and enhancements of mobile applications, including but not limited to the Manulife MOVE platform.
- Assist in the gathering and analysis of user requirements and provide consultation on estimates, sprint planning and validating / qualifying estimates provided by development teams and third parties.
- Assess application architecture impact and follow sound systems design principles, ensuring reuse of components and flexibility in configuration of design to support multiple: product, country and channel requirements.
- Maintain the quality standards of the application platform, ensuring robust QA and code review processes are in place.
- Establish and adhere to devOps practices to maximize automation and continuous delivery practices including comprehensive unit testing automation.
- Maintain systems development standards, patterns and ensure compliance.
- Prepare and maintain full technical documentation of development tasks and deliverables
- Troubleshoot system errors reported by users
- Apply change management principles where appropriate in the IT process to effectively deliver solutions
- Ensure IT operational SLA compliance and operational efficiency of IT processes in support of business goals
Manulife Center of Excellence (COE)
- Anticipate and monitor programming developments that may impact design and recommend alternatives or points for adapting.
- Collaborate with the Manulife IT and Operations team to build an ‘exciting and innovative’ culture within the teams across Asia that strives to be best in market and customer focused;
- Ensuring compliance to set ADM practices are in place, and where absent define, including: incident management, enhancements, work request and project throughput and quality assurance processes
- Contribute to the reuse of Digital technology, solutions & skills to achieve cost efficiencies utilizing Agile, DevOps, repeatable technical playbooks and collaborative IT process automation practices.
- Functional leadership of one or more mobile development teams or pods
- Collaborate with the Manulife IT and Operations team to build an ‘exciting and innovative’ culture within the teams across Asia that strives to be best in market and customer focused
- Participate/lead in cross training and up skilling activities in the team
- Help onboard, train, and mentor new members in the team
Reporting to: Chief Information Officer, South East AsiaActions
Location: 75 Hoang Van Thai, Tan Phu ward, Dictrict 7, Ho Chi Minh cityQualifications
Bachelor degree or equivalent in Computing Science or Engineering
- A minimum of 3-5 years of experience in designing and developing simple to complex mobile applications
- Extensive experience in delivering integrated digital solutions
- Experience in delivering projects from inception through to post-implementation warranty using Agile devOps project delivery methodologies
- Experience in delivering projects involving stakeholders from multiple locations
- Insurance industry knowledge, is seen as advantageous
Technical Leadership in Mobile development
- Expert knowledge in one or more Native mobile development platforms (iOS and/or Android) with strong analytical skills.
- Expert knowledge in Object Oriented Analysis, Design & Programming (OOADP)
- Ability to drive new technology analysis & discussion
- Ensure programming best practices are followed
- Ensure application integrity as product roadmap & business requirements.
- Proven track record of developing applications using Agile methodology.
- Expert knowledge in one or more Native mobile development platform (iOS and/or Android)
- Knowledge of IoT & wearables technologies
- Working knowledge of Sonarqube, Jenkins, Static code analysis
- Delivery methodology Agile, TDD/BDD/DDD within DevOps environment