Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife Business Processing Services (MBPS) is a global resourcing organization for Manulife Financial, a leading multinational financial services company headquartered in Canada, operating as John Hancock in the United States and as Manulife in the rest of the world.
The MBPS Actuarial department provides actuarial services to Manulife business areas across Asia and North America, specializing in model validation, experience studies and valuation work. In addition to providing exciting work in the actuarial field, our Actuarial Development Program also offers strong support and incentives for writing Society of Actuaries (SoA) exams, as well as the opportunity to rotate periodically into new roles to gain a broader knowledge and experience base.
We are currently searching for talented and motivated graduating students from leading universities in the Philippines, to help our team grow. The desired qualifications and anticipated job responsibilities are listed below. Interested candidates may submit their application by following the link to the Careers page at www.manulifeglobalservices.com.
Successful candidates will have responsibilities related to one or more of the following:Qualifications
- Perform vetting/validation on various Manulife business critical models, including calculation of policy reserves using actuarial first principles.
- Develop and test actuarial models in GGY Axis or other software.
- Maintain and run valuation models for monthly/quarterly reserve calculation and financial reporting.
- Complete mortality, lapse and other experience studies for various Manulife businesses.
- Analyze reserve, capital and risk calculations and provide commentary on results to management.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or Statistics
- Knowledgeable in various actuarial concepts and their application to life insurance - probability, interest theory, life contingencies.
- Demonstrated strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to communicate output clearly and concisely both orally and in writing.
- Strong interpersonal skills; good team player.
- Can perform tasks with minimal supervision and demonstrated ability to work well under pressure.
- Demonstrated working knowledge in database software and Microsoft Excel. Knowledge of VBA macros and actuarial modeling software (e.g. GGY Axis) is preferred but not required.
- Driven to attain designation in any recognized actuarial organization (e.g. SoA, ASP). Having passed at least one SoA exam is a plus.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.