Data Quality and Trade Analyst Co-op July-December 2018
The Sales Support team is within John Hancock Investments division. The team is responsible for the following:
· Ensuring data integrity within our CRM systems (MARS, SalesConnect and Salesforce) by ensuring that all trades and assets are resolved to the appropriate firm, office, and rep within the appropriate system.
· Provide customized analysis to the Institutional and Retail Investments Sales Teams to ensure accurate compensation to wholesalers.
· Provide accurate, timely and relevant sales analysis and reporting expertise to senior management, sales management, and wholesalers within the John Hancock Investments distribution organization to identify sales opportunities.
· Assist with ensuring the quality and integrity of the database. This includes eliminating duplicate records, completing record updates (changes to rep, branch and firm entries), adding new records and maintaining back-end system data tables for all records.
· Responsible for ensuring that all trades and assets are resolved to the appropriate firm, office, and rep within SalesConnect.
· Assist with tracking and troubleshooting inquiries/problems pertaining to SalesConnect and Salesforce.
· Research and respond to Inside/Outside Sales trade inquiries; taking action to adjust trades credited to incorrect dealer/ branch/ rep.
Required skills and qualifications:
· Quick Learner. Ability to pick up quickly on new concepts and willing to ask questions.
· Ability to work independently and as a team with a customer focus.
· Highly detail focused. Must be able to identify errors and/or develop controls to ensure accuracy.
· Strong Microsoft Excel skills, familiar with V-Lookups, pivot tables and Macros.
· Strong verbal and written skills
· Must be able to communicate and interface professionally with all levels.
· Good knowledge/understanding of broker dealer industry/terminology a plus
· Working in a team environment, attention to detail, follow-through and problem-solving skills
See what our students are saying about working at Manulife/John Hancock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no8ePgV532g
Why come to Manulife/JohnHancock?
Because we’re not who you think we are. We’re not some stuffy, old insurance company. We’re actually technology specialists dedicated to improving the health and wealth of Americans – and doing it in some pretty cool ways. You might be surprised to know that Co-ops/interns love John Hancock – and come back term after term. Why? We’ve got what you’re looking for… jobs that embed you in passionate, productive teams, jobs that leave you with great stories to tell at your next set of interviews, jobs that make a work term a fun, profitable break from school. Every term we hire 100+ students – so you’ll have plenty of new friends to chill with. And you can meet your new friends at tons of Co-op events like our recent Execs-serve-ice-cream day, gingerbread house day, and pizza… there’s usually pizza involved.
You’ll also have lots of opportunities for professional growth. Networking with senior leadership? Yes! Access to all our learning and development resources? You bet!
We want you here as a intern. And we want to make your experience with us SO AMAZING that you join us in a fulltime role after you graduate. It’s really that simple.
So what’s next?
Wow us with a PDF that includes your resume, a cover letter telling us how awesome you are, your transcript, and your work history (if you have one).
About Manulife/John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife/John Hancock is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially