- Ability to demonstrate logical thinking in order to gather and analyze a variety of information and make sound recommendations to senior management
- Demonstrates a consultative orientation
- Analyzes and interprets reports, recognizing important deviations
- Researches and recommends best practices and assists in implementation
- Build models to rationalize existing businesses and review proposed financial arrangements , product offerings, distribution channels, selling partners, share class and pricing configuring and commission structures
- Provide analysis on the profitability of our various platform and model relationships with primary focus on our strategic partners in the mutual fund , Institutional and DCIO space. Continue to enhance the Broker Dealer and Platform profitability analysis
- Analyze all new product offerings and other initiatives and develop ongoing profitability monitoring capabilities- Offshore, share class rationalization, ETF’s , addition of new classes etc.
- Assist in the analysis of 15c profitability for the funds and the Advisor
- Prepare any pro forma analyses requested by the Board or senior management
- Partner with business heads on key strategic and tactical matters including standard and rationalized fee structures, breakpoints, expense cap analysis, omnibus transparency and any outsourcing decisions
- Perform financial and business reviews of potential divestiture targets and proposed fund adoptions, acquisition or merger candidates
- Ability to prioritize tasks that make a difference and do what it takes to get them done and continually look for way to improve processes to meet quality and delivery standards
- Required level of education -Bachelor’s Degree preferably in Accounting or Finance , and a Masters in Finance or a Masters in Business Administration
- Required years of experience 7-12 years of financial analysis experience working at a senior level
- Specific experience required: proven demonstration working with senior management, Boards and legal departments
Knowledge & Skills
- Technical Skills - Proficiency in analysis and modeling ( Advanced Excel)
- Excellent Communication skills – ability to readily pivot communication efforts to the chosen channels, platforms and styles of everyone you encounter.
- Industry Knowledge - strong knowledge of mutual fund operations and industry regulations and operations
- Experience working in financial institutions in a financial analysis/consulting role
- Self Starter, self drive, self monitoring
- Ability to present to and work with all levels of management and Boards
- Ability to interact with Board members
- Ability to analyze data/issues and identify problems or potential issues and recommend solutions
- Executing with excellence- can take on more responsibility from their leader to support deliverables against established standards and deadlines. Takes initiative to assist other team members
- Demonstrates commitment and accountability in execution of all tasks
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1 trillion (US$806 billion) as of September 30, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V