Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Specialist, Business Development will Work closely with Branch Managers and Regional Managers of the Sathapana bank and Senior Business Development Manager and Distribution and Build good relationship with Bank Partner (Sathapana) to ensure the business running well.
- Contribute to the total revenue of the company by delivering sales targets for the branches without IS and earn quarterly bonus based on performance and annual VIP
- Work with bank partner key person to make sure the business running on track
- Negotiate to Bank partner to implement strategy and activity planning
- Analyze sales indicator in each province to provide strategy and solution
- Control Sales process to make sure the activity is on track so the result will achieve the business plan
- Join with Bank Partner to motivated Bankstaff by Refreshment
- Share initiatives to Bank staff to increase sales (Company Presentation)
- Provide relevant training to bank staff, solving customers’ complaints and coordinate or respond to customers’ queries.
- Needs to travel from one province to another province on a frequently basis and as required
- Adopt Partnership Department’s culture of professionalism, integrity, effectiveness, dynamic, and customer centric attitude contributing to internal environment
- Undertake relevant training and personal development course as mapped by HR Department
- High school degree/Bachelor
- Customer Service/relationship skill
- Problem solving skill
- Experiences in sales is a plus
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Word, Outlook
- Fluent in Khmer and English
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
We are committed to be an equal opportunity employer and welcome applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their race, sex, disability, religion/belief, sexual orientation or age”.