Business Analyst Co-Op CARE Group Policy Administration system (July -December 2018)
197 Clarendon Street | Boston, Massachusetts
The CARE and ReRate team comprises of the IT team supporting the Group Long Term Care book of business as well as the LTC Inforce ReRate initiative for both Group and Retail.
The candidate will be responsible for day to day functions on the CARE Group Policy Administration system. The candidate will also be providing additional operational and logistical support to ReRate; a program with four project tracks and a staff make-up of over one hundred associates spanning multiple geographic locations and time zones.
What you will be accountable for:
• Taking ownership for external client requests and accounts
o Interact in a front facing capacity with John Hancock Account Management team and external client IT representatives
o Organize and coordinate technical activities with our internal IT staff (onshore and offshore)
o Assisting with John Hancock point to point file transfers to a multitude of external clients
• Managing work intake systems with a focus on triaging, tracking, and formulating metrics from the data
• Assist with file transfers with internal IT technical resources and external clients
• Extracting and manipulate data from various sources per business and technical requirements
• Learning and perform functions involved in the day to day operations of an IT application management team
• Special projects for Management
The skills and qualifications you will need to be successful:
• Microsoft Office suite
• Strong analytical and organizational abilities
• Strong written and verbal communication and listening skills
• Comfortable working independently or collaboratively in project or more abstract (brainstorm, ideas forum) settings
• Ability to multi-task; to be flexible and adaptive in ever changing environment
• Technical and general problem solving skills
What you will learn:
• The John Hancock Insurance business
• How an IT department in Financial Services supports the organizational business goals
• How to operate effectively and efficiently in a fast-paced environment
• Hone Excel and Access skills
The student experience we have to offer:
• Build a network of fellow students on coop/internship assignments
• Given the opportunity to volunteer and give back to the community
• Attend events on a monthly basis with guest speakers from various departments within our organization to further develop your skills as a professional.
• Learn about our culture and core values.
Minimum GPA Desired: 3.0
Relevant Majors of Study: Business, Computer Science, Finance, Management, MIS, Operations
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
See what our students are saying about working at Manulife/John Hancock https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=no8ePgV532g
Why come to Manulife/JohnHancock?
Because we’re not who you think we are. We’re not some stuffy, old insurance company. We’re actually technology specialists dedicated to improving the health and wealth of Americans – and doing it in some pretty cool ways. You might be surprised to know that Co-ops/interns love John Hancock – and come back term after term. Why? We’ve got what you’re looking for… jobs that embed you in passionate, productive teams, jobs that leave you with great stories to tell at your next set of interviews, jobs that make a work term a fun, profitable break from school. Every term we hire 100+ students – so you’ll have plenty of new friends to chill with. And you can meet your new friends at tons of Co-op events like our recent Execs-serve-ice-cream day, gingerbread house day, and pizza… there’s usually pizza involved.
You’ll also have lots of opportunities for professional growth. Networking with senior leadership? Yes! Access to all our learning and development resources? You bet!
We want you here as a intern. And we want to make your experience with us SO AMAZING that you join us in a fulltime role after you graduate. It’s really that simple.
So what’s next?
Wow us with a PDF that includes your resume, a cover letter telling us how awesome you are, your transcript, and your work history (if you have one).
About Manulife/John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife/John Hancock is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentiallyQualifications