- Development/enhancement of new/existing IBM Integration Bus objects, Data Power, Java applications, Web Services,
- Assist in the gathering and analysis user requirements and provide consultation on estimates.
- Assess application architecture impact and follow sound systems design principles
- Maintain systems development standards and ensure compliance.
- Prepare and maintain full documentation of development tasks and deliverables
- Troubleshoot system errors reported by users
- Apply change management principles where appropriate in the IT process to effectively deliver solutions
- Ensure IT operational SLA compliance and operational efficiency of IT processes in support of business goals
- Anticipate and keep tabs on programming developments that may impact design and recommend alternatives or points for adapting.
- Collaborate with the Manulife IT and Operations team to build an ‘exciting and innovative’ culture within the teams across Asia that strives to be best in market and customer focused;
- Ensuring compliance to set ADM practices are in place, including: incident management, enhancements, work request and project throughput and quality assurance processes
- Contribute to the reuse of Digital technology, solutions & skills to achieve cost efficiencies utilizing Agile, DevOps, repeatable technical playbooks and collaborative IT process automation practices.
- Collaborate with the Manulife IT and Operations team to build an ‘exciting and innovative’ culture within the teams across Asia that strives to be best in market and customer focused
- Participate/lead in cross training and up skilling activities in the team
- Help onboard, train, and mentor new members in the team
- Regional and local application development and support teams
- IT security/ firewall team
- Global infrastructure team
- Cloud Service team
- Architecture & solution team
- 3rd party vendor and consultants
- 2-4 years of experience in designing and developing simple to complex IBM Integration Bus (IIB) objects versions 7 and up
- 1-2 years experience in Java core (J2EE, SpringBoot, JAXB, Java Script, NodeJS) development.
- Experience and Knowledgeable in developing web services, ie; SOAP / REST
- Experience and Knowledgeable in developing micro-services using any micro-services development tool or API management is a BIG plus.
- Experience in delivering projects from inception through to post-implementation warranty using waterfall and agile project management methodologies
- Experience in delivering projects involving stakeholders from multiple locations