Looking to gain real world experience in the Actuarial field? Have the flexibility to work full-time in the fall? If so, we would love to hear from you!
We are currently looking for highly motivated students to join us in our Boston offices for our July-December co-op term!
This is a paid, full-time position that requires you to be in the office Monday-Friday from 8:30-5pm.
To maintain our leadership role as one of the largest and most professional life insurance companies in North America, Manulife, operating as John Hancock in the United States, strives to hire exceptional students from university actuarial programs. At John Hancock, Actuarial Co-ops are given the opportunity to gain exposure to key actuarial disciplines including pricing, valuation, investments, risk management and financial modeling. As an Actuarial Co-op, you will develop technical expertise, business integrity, strong leadership skills and breadth of knowledge. You will have an opportunity to work with a highly skilled team of actuaries and other professionals in a supportive learning environment, affording you the technical and business skills development you need in today's competitive environment.
· Strong university GPA with success in relevant courses
· Ability to communicate clearly and concisely with both technical and non- technical team members
· Strong analytical, quantitative and problem solving skills, with the ability to be an innovative thinker and understand the "big picture"
· High energy, results oriented self-starter, with the ability to achieve under tight deadlines
· Demonstrated leadership skills
· Familiarity with Society of Actuaries (SOA) qualification process
· Strong working knowledge of Excel; programming skills and MS Access experience is an asset
· Other actuarial or financial internships considered an assetQualifications