Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Job Description Summary
Responsible for the preparation and delivery of quarterly investment analysis packages in IFRS, USGAAP and Statutory accounting bases while meeting published quality and productivity standards.
- Research and provide written commentary explaining quarter over quarter changes in investment income for all invested asset types including bonds, private placement, public and private equity, mortgages, real estate and timber, miscellaneous income, and investment expenses for senior management’s use in internal and external reporting. This information is provided to the business unit management within Long-Term Care, U.S. Life Insurance, Fixed Products, Variable Annuities and US Controllers through the preparation and delivery of quarterly investment analysis packages in IFRS, USGAAP and Statutory accounting bases.
- Prepare monthly ALCO (Asset Liability Committee) reports which analyze and explain yield variances in invested assets by asset class for the Long-Term Care and Life Business Units.
- Write equity and fixed income macro analyses covering the US and Canadian markets for the quarter.
- Ensure adequate oversight of the account reconciliation process for the three major US legal entities for the entire Investment Division. Such oversight involves identifying, confirming and tracking ownership of account balances and reconciliations as well as researching details behind account balances on a quarterly basis.
- Prepare quarterly regulatory compliance testing data schedules for NAIC which is used for Federal regulatory filings.
- Perform ad hoc requests including yield fluctuation analyses, holdings report for legal entity and/or business units and MTM verification for Manulife’s investments.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or accounting required
- Minimum of 3-5 years experience with progressive responsibility within the Investment analysis field
- Intermediate knowledge of Bloomberg and other finance sites
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel, MS Access, MicroStrategy, Lawson, Hyperion Essbase with strong financial modeling skills.
- Excellent analytical, research and problem solving skills
- Advanced understanding of macro-economics and how they relate to investments so that reasonableness of investment results can be explained to business units
- Solid interpersonal skills to interact with, establish relationships with the Business Units.
- Makes decisions in the absence of rules and /or in complex situations
- Strong organizational and time management skills with the ability to be flexible to changing environments
- Ability to work independently and willing to collaborate with other team members
- The candidate must be willing to report for a rotating shift (night shift during month end and quarter end periods)
- The candidate must be willing to report in Diliman Quezon City
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.