Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The role in the Employee Benefits Actuarial & Analytics team is an entry-level position requiring the student to be willing to learn in order to build up the technical and business knowledge. The team works closely with different teams to ensure that the assumptions in the pricing can be actualized.
- Provide tailor-made and competitive package to our target customers through pricing.
- Provides sales forecast and in-depth analysis to the local management to help their day-to-day decisions.
- Works closely with different teams to ensure that the assumptions in the pricing can be actualized.
- Degree holder with few actuarial examinations passed.
- Skills in AXIS, Microsoft Access, VBA or other actuarial software preferred and experience in AXIS is an advantage.
- Strong analytical skills, problem solving, and critical thinking.
- Demonstrate initiatives, commitment and able to work independently.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills to work across multiple parties.
- Effective command of English, both spoken and written.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.