- Provide lights-on support to our business partners though investigations and inquiries. Execute complex analysis, identify root cause of problems and develop solutions
- Facilitate the gathering of high-level solution, estimates, and risk associated with Business Change/Fix initiatives.
- Act as a lead analyst on large task assignments
- Generate new and unique ideas, approaches and solutions to complex problems and opportunities
- Identifying and evaluating alternative solutions to system problems or opportunities on small to large business initiatives and facilitating the recommendation of appropriate strategies and solutions.
- Influencing and negotiating with others to meet project timelines.
- Provide analysis components for moderately complex business improvements and solutions for small to large sized initiatives. This will include such tasks as refining Business Requirements, creation of Specification documents, providing feedback to test strategies and test plans, creating and monitoring plans for the delivery of analysis tasks, partnering and negotiating with other departments and vendors concerning issues that arise.
- Facilitate Specification walk-through and Joint Application Design (JAD) sessions as required.
- Validate that our system solutions meet the business requirements.
- Ensuring that the system solutions adhere to quality standards.
- Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams.
- Provide support on systems releases, project implementations and warranty defects.
- Mentor, develop and motivate team members
- Expert level knowledge of the various stages of the analysis process (e.g. Requirements, mapping screen design, usability and data flow).
- Very strong analytical, diagnostic, and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including the ability to communicate with all levels of management.
- Effective interviewing, influencing, facilitation and presentation skills
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaborate and partner in a team environment with geographically dispersed Business stakeholders and peers.
- Excellent organization, planning and time management skills.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to influence and negotiate with others.
- Ability to produce quality work and work to deadlines.
- Ability to successfully support analysis activity on multiple initiatives in parallel.
- 4 -6 years business systems analysis experience in an IT environment
- Familiarity with the Business Analysis Body of Knowledge (BABOK) practices, or CCBA/CBAP designation is an asset.
- Agile methodology experience is an asset
- Banking Industry knowledge/experience is an asset.
- Knowledge of Manulife Bank Products and Systems an asset.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of September 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$806 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $27.1 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.