Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the Central Business Analyst (BA) Lead, the Business Analyst will work within a team and act as a liaison across key requirements stakeholders. The Business Analyst will play a key role in a variety of data acquisition and integration projects, from soliciting and documenting requirements through testing and delivery. This position is responsible for providing support to team lead in delivering day-to-day key requirements collection/analysis, authoring and communication of business requirements in order to satisfy the business user’s needs.
The Business Analyst will provide support to business leads in engaging and bridging key business users across business units and the delivery teams. They will require a proven background and experience in this area to best represent the needs of the business to the project team and external providers. They form part of the “professional family” of Business Analysts.
- Take responsibility and support business leads for the collection, analysis, validation, and documentation of business users’ or stakeholder’s business needs and requirements.
- Accountable for effective change management within projects, in terms of ensuring that change to business requirements are effectively managed to ensure minimal impact to projects.
- Participate in short and long term planning sessions with business stakeholders to improve business processes, providing vision for more effective requirements management.
- Serve as liaison between development across BUs for process and business improvement and process and system integration.
- Assist business leads in defining short and long term needs to determine business priorities and advise on options.
- Use agreed upon business systems analysis processes to produce appropriate documentation and review the requirements documentation of others.
- Exhibit strong leadership skills to improve group organization and delivery process.
- Resolve conflicts and remove barriers.
- Establish and monitor metrics to ensure customer satisfaction.
- Develop extensive depth and breadth understanding of technologies, products and services.
- Understand basic financial information and markets, involving products & services.
Required Personal Qualities/Skills/Competencies
- Understand principles of usability and help ensure products are fit for purpose.
- Understand requirements management best practice and ensure practices are followed.
- Must have a solid understanding of the existing business processes, the key drivers and measures of success of the business, and the short and long term direction of the business and technology.
- Require in-depth knowledge of business operations, requirements processing, business modeling concepts, information systems, software development lifecycle, business process development and leadership skills and stakeholder management.
- Working understanding of information systems, business operations, requirements analysis, and integration/design of client solutions.
- Able to drive and motivate team members, which include cross functional teams.
- High level understanding of the overall development architecture in order to understand the issues and implications of proposed systems and hardware solutions.
- Understand who are the key decision makers and influencers.
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills and able to anticipate difficulties and identify contingency plans.
- Experience in Agile methodology and Scrum in delivering change
- Exceptional communication skills, which include verbal, written and listening.
- Ability to consult to, negotiate and influence at all levels of the organization.
- Use presentations effectively to seek agreement/commitment including analogies to illustrate complex processes.
- Keep people focused on the problem to be solved.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.