JOB LOCATION: This position will be based in Savoy, IL or Boston, MA.
- Coordinate escrow and funding of acquisitions with Director of Acquisitions, Transaction Manager, Resource Planning team, Acquisition Manager, Escrow Officer, Legal (internal and external), third-party vendors, and HAIG Accounting.
- Execute/coordinate due diligence process, including but not limited to:
- Following timeline and tracking procedures for properties placed into escrow to ensure that all critical dates within the contract are recognized and met.
- Obtain bids from vendors for services needed to complete due diligence, such as appraisals, surveys, Phase I’s, Biological reviews, house and building inspections, water studies, irrigation studies, soil test reports, etc.
- Maintain vendor(s) bid and scope letters templates.
- Maintain vendor list of approved third party providers.
- Track all third party reports for completion within the timeframe specified within the bid and feasibility period.
- Coordinate/communicate receipt and findings of third party reports to Director of Acquisitions, Transaction Manager, Acquisitions Managers, and Legal (internal and external).
- Coordinate/execute closing of escrow with seller and all internal stakeholders.
- Assist in the preparation of the internal Investment Committee vote documents, with the assigned Acquisition Manager, Transaction Manager, Resource Planning team member, and Portfolio Manager in preparation for NRIC approval.
- Communicate/coordinate the handling of post-closing issues with lawyers, Director of Acquisitions, Transaction Manager, and Property Manager.
- Ensure all acquisition/real estate documents are received and distributed to necessary personnel and saved on the HAIG shared electronic drive.
- Assist/coordinate various meetings for HAIG, HNRG and/or upper management as needed.
- Review, respond, track, distribute real estate related mail and/or regulatory agency correspondence
- Other duties as needed/assigned.
- College degree and 5 years of Real Estate or title agency experience preferred
- Must be able to have the ability to problem solve on their own
- Must be able to work well with management, vendors and lawyers
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks and multiple transactions at one time
- Must be organized and assertive and able to work independently
- Frequent Sitting, occasional lifting
- Lift up to 50 pounds
- View and Type on computer screens for long periods
- Manual dexterity must be sufficient to operate a keyboard
- Type 40 wpm