Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the AVP, Asia ERM, this position will support the AVP on ERM related activities in the region. Key areas of focus would be promoting a risk aware culture, increasing risk awareness through educational initiatives and strengthening the risk governance structure to ensure sound risk management throughout Asia. In addition, this position will also support the AVP on the division risk target setting and management.
- Ensure that BUs operate within MFC’s Enterprise Risk Management framework and all global risk policies, covering strategic, market, credit, liquidity, insurance and operational risks
- Administer communication and education initiatives to foster a risk aware culture throughout Asia.
- Collaborate with business units to identify measure and report on the countries risk exposures and to ensure risks are managed within risk tolerances.
- Drive the implementation of local regulatory Enterprise Risk Management requirements within the respective countries. Participate in the country ORSA review.
- Provide support for the Asia Risk Committee as needed
Required Personal Qualities/Skills/Competencies
- 5+ years of experience in risk or insurance industry.
- Developed financial acumen and business orientation.
- Strong communication skills, including ability to translate complex technical issues into fundamental concepts.
- Effective influencing skills and strong relationship building skills to build effective working relationships with Corporate and Business Units.
- Creative problem solving and the ability to motivate others to implement new solutions.
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.