The individual will have the privilege to be a part of a dynamic team. The Compliance team is responsible for the implementation, deployment and maintenance of the Compliance program within the Investment Division of Manulife.
The Compliance Analyst role will be assisting with risk assessments compliance policies and procedures, performing periodic compliance monitoring and testing activities, as well as assisting with the administration of the overall compliance program.
What you will be accountable for:
- Demonstrating solid interpersonal, organizational and communication skills, and the ability to work both independently and as a member of a team
- Establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with Senior Management, Business Unit and Compliance Leads
- Conducting compliance assessment testing designed to identify and assess regulatory, compliance and business risks to which the company is exposed, including those related to portfolio management, trading, and supervisory structure and oversight
Completing timely documentation of test findings, and prepared Management, Committee, and Board reporting materials/presentations
- Participating in cross functional Risk Management Working Group Meetings
The skills and qualifications you will need to be successful:
- Attention to detail
- Team player
- Ability to prioritize
- Proactive and Forward thinker
What you will learn:
- Security Exchange Commission Regulations
- Ontario Securities Commission Regulations
- Enhanced testing skills
The student experience we have to offer:
- Build a network of fellow students on coop/internship assignments
- Given the opportunity to volunteer and give back to the community
- Attend events on a monthly basis with guest speakers from various departments within our organization to further develop your skills as a professional
- Learn about our culture and core values
Minimum GPA Desired: 3.0 out of 4.0
Relevant Majors of Study: Accounting, Computer Science, Finance and Legal
Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
About Manulife/John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of June 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$780 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $26.7 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
John Hancock is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.
Legal & Compliance