Derivatives Solutions Analyst
The Derivatives Solutions Analyst Co-op will be responsible for providing operational support to all departments relating to the investment process for all derivatives investments. This is an opportunity to join a dynamic learning environment. The role has daily interface responsibilities with external counter parties, custodian bank and industry service provider community as well as internal portfolio management, trading, middle office and back office teams. In addition, the role can have regular interaction with Compliance, Legal, Risk and Senior management levels.
We are looking for intelligent individuals who have excellent organization skills, work well in a fast paced environment, and can communicate with all levels of external and internal clients.
What you will be accountable for:
• Instruments may include FX Forwards, Options (FX, listed & otc), Futures, Swaps, CDO's, CDX’s and Swaptions.
• Assist with research to minimize operational risk
• Assist with trade affirmation and settlement support
• Support ad hoc reporting requirements
• Assist with derivatives valuations
• Assist with derivatives systems testing
• Adhere to control procedures
The skills and qualifications you need to be successful:
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Strong organizational skills with the ability to meet deadlines while working in a team or individually
• Ability to adapt to changing requirements in a dynamic and challenging environment
• Strong risk and control mindset with the ability to identify and effectively communicate identified risk issues to management
• Ability to establish professional relationships with internal and external contacts
• Experienced with MS Word and Excel
• Knowledge of equity, fixed income and derivative asset types
• Investment operations experience a plus
• 1-2 terms of experience in a Financial industry
What you will learn:
• Analytical skills & understanding of the investment process for derivatives from beginning to end.
• Written and oral communication skills through frequent collaboration with the investment community and derivatives clients
• Knowledge of derivative investments and financial markets.
• Innovation & Problem solving working as part of a highly collaborative team.
The student experience we have to offer:
• Build a network of fellow students on coop/internship assignments.
• Given the opportunity to volunteer and give back to the community.
• Attend events on a monthly basis with guest speakers from various departments within our organization to further develop your skills as a professional.
• Learn about our culture and core values.
Minimum GPA Desired: 3.23
Relevant Majors of Study: Finance, Accounting, Financial Modeling, Computer Science, Economics
Check out what our students are saying: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaLWEO-1fJY