- Implementation of Data Technologies: Delivery of proven as well as emerging tooling to ensure that data pipelines are scalable, repeatable, timely and secure serving multiple users within the organization. The incumbent is responsible for implementing highly complex, multi-faceted big data initiatives associated the following functions areas:
- Translate complex functional and technical requirements into detailed design and high performing capabilities
- Participate in the design and build of data patterns and services - both batch, real-time and complex event handing - leveraging open technologies
- Ensure the timely delivery to meet project timeline by automating development and deployment tasks
- Effectively manage risk and change with a continuous focus on process improvements
- Evolving the data lake pattern and operations
- Build data pipeline that cleans, transforms and aggregates data
- Develop data set processes for data modeling, and mining
- Recommend ways to improve data reliability, efficiency and quality
- Governance and Controls: Responsible for ensuring all data management and risk processes conform to standard operating procedures and aligns with how a modern data architecture aligns to enterprise technology standards and policies; contribute and provide guidance around data quality, metadata management, data stewardship and security, and access controls.
- Innovation and Continuous Improvement: Conduct PoC’s of new data technologies and capabilities that are value-driven; work closely with John Hancock’s architecture and innovation teams (i.e., LOFT), remain current with industry advancements working closely external vendors.
- Demonstrated 2-4 years professional experience in big data/data management.
- Extensive expertise in data technologies and the use of data to support software development, advanced analytics and reporting.
- Focus on Cloud (Azure) and Hadoop-based technologies (MapReduce, Hive, Pig), SQL (MySQL, SQL Server), NoSQL (MongoDB, HBASE, Cassandra), Data Warehousing Solution, ML, R, SAS.
- Experience with programming or scripting languages like Java, Python, Ruby, Linux. ETL experience like Informatica.
- Working experience with modern data streaming process with Kafka, Apache Spark, Flink and data ingestion framework NiFi, Hive, Pig, etc.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent with 4+ years of work experience in developing, various software systems.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with ability to multi-task. Ability to work with minimal or no supervision while performing duties; has the ability and initiative to organize various functions necessary to accomplish department activities or goals and be a strong team player.
- Experience and capability in translating non-technical user requests into complex technical specifications and solutions that meet these requirements.
- Knowledge of security/data protection solutions, Kerberos, Active Directory, HDFS Access Control, OAuth2, OpenID, LDAP is plus.