- Establish and maintain relationships with individual investment advisors.
- Partner with an External Business Consultant in the field to help develop sales opportunities in their territory.
- Provide superior sales support and service by contacting investment advisors with updates pertaining to the mutual funds they sell, handle inbound calls, prospect for new business, cross sell existing brokers on different products and assist brokers with asset allocation.
- Help investment advisors increase their business by producing hypothetical illustrations, updating them on current marketing materials, and informing them of upcoming conference calls or conferences.
- Participate in roundtable discussions and feedback sessions around effective sales strategies.
- Maintain competitive intelligence by attending meetings, engaging other internal departments to understand John Hancock's internal strategies.
- Form partnerships with other John Hancock product teams to ensure multi-product pitches are consistent and effective.
- Provide leads to other sales desks to help John Hancock increase sales in diversified products.
- Lead projects for department initiatives to fully implement new processes, strategies, and more.
- Act as a mentor to new Inside Wholesalers and assist in development, implementation, and delivery of training classes for the Investments sales desk.
- Act as Fund Liaison/Firm/Separate Account/Marketing Liaison. Relay a positive attitude about department initiatives and stand behind decisions of management.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 1-2 years of sales experience preferably within the financial services industry.
- Demonstrated relationship management skills, including the ability to work in a team environment.
- Strong time management, organizational, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to learn and adapt quickly while applying creativity.
- Ability to work in a changing fast paced high call volume environment, with enthusiasm and a positive attitude.
- Series 7 highly preferred. Series 6, Series 63, and Series 65 or 66 required
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V