The Financial Writer will be responsible for driving sales, extending the reach of the John Hancock Investments brand, and promoting the firm’s thought leadership through a wide range of investment-related writing.
- Work with account executives, data analysts, and designers to develop marketing campaigns across multiple channels
- Develop social media, SEO, digital advertising, emails, and other collateral to raise the visibility of John Hancock, target new advisor audiences, distribute thought leadership, and generate sales leads
- Ensure a consistent brand experience across all customer touch points
- Monitor and report on effectiveness of ongoing/existing activity, relative to competitor activities and current market conditions
- Recommend strategic shifts as necessary to maintain the competitiveness and market viability of our products and services
- Complete various business writing assignments (fund event letters, blog posts, internal communications, etc.)
- 7-10 years of writing experience as a journalist, web writer, or copywriter (experience in financial services or an asset management company is a plus)
- Bachelor degree required. FINRA registration, CFA, MBA or advanced degree a plus
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to interact with a diverse group of senior stakeholders
- Well versed in a wide range of financial products and accustomed to describing financial markets, products and economic activity in clear, direct language
- Resourceful, with ability to thrive in a hectic environment
- Proven ability to collaborate and develop/ execute strategic marketing campaigns
- Results-driven, highly collaborative
- Strong project management, written, and oral communication skills
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10.7 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
John Hancock has helped individuals and institutions build and protect wealth since 1862. Today, we are one of America’s strongest and most-recognized brands. As a manager of managers, we search the world to find proven portfolio teams with specialized expertise for every fund we offer, then apply vigorous investment oversight to ensure they continue to meet our uncompromising standards. Our unique approach to asset management has led to a diverse set of investments deeply rooted in investor needs, along with strong risk-adjusted returns across asset classes.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V