- Serves as the first pass checking of the requests to secure approvals and details are all clear and complete.
- Create, Modify and Delete accesses for the users in in UNIX and LINUX platforms.
- Appropriately fulfill the approved requests in ServiceNOW within an agreed scope and time frame.
- Following the Security Administration process to avoid mistakes and delays in processing.
- Troubleshoot, manage and maintain security and access privileges for system IDs, directories and access groups.
- All Rush, Escalated or Immediate handling will be vetted to ensure that we have a valid business reason.
- Constant communication to the Subject Matter Expert (SME) or Team Lead to ensure the quality of work especially for the complex or bulk requests.
- Adhere to operational service targets and ensure a high level of service is maintained; ensure that service level agreement (SLA) is met or exceeded and conform to company policies.
- Escalate to the next level of support as dictated by process if needed.
- All deliverable reports will need to be submitted on time to make sure that all requests are monitored effectively.
- Bachelor's degree in any Information Technology or Computer Science related courses
- 3+ years’ experience in server support as an AIX Server Administrator
- Strong knowledge of UNIX/LINUX Platform
- Strong knowledge & experience in IBM AIX
- Good Understanding of trouble shooting & AIX Commands
- Strong experience in interfacing of external devices like Storage, Networking and backup devices
- Network trouble shooting, TCP/IP and general WAN/ LAN trouble shooting
- Programming or support programming background is a plus
- Excellent English communications skills both oral and written
- Strong customer service and team orientation aptitude
- Ability to work independently and manage multiple tasks within a heavy workload environment while meeting service quality and turnaround objectives
- Good analytical and problem solving skills is a must
- Strong organizational skills with emphasis on details and follow up
- Flexible to changes in work assignments and excellent attendance record
- Willing to work overtime and on weekends