Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The candidate is accountable for planning and completing Information Systems audit projects (including key risk audits, project risk audits, annual SOX audits and other ad hoc projects). The candidate is also responsible for the delivery of high quality, professional, cost-effective, value-added and risk-based audit services within Asia. While remaining totally independent, Audit Services function adds value to senior management and the board of directors by collaboration with various IS and risk management departments and the delivery of audit results to improve the management of various forms of risk in Manulife.
- Plan and execute Information Systems audit projects (including Sarbanes-Oxley Project (aka SOX)) in accordance with the audit methodology and departmental standards to ensure quality of works completed.
- Prepare audit reports, including executive summary and rating of adequacy of risk management, making practical and value-added recommendations to improve risk management practices and the efficiency and effectiveness of operations; audits reports are to be clear, concise and well-organized, and issued within departmental service standards.
- Present findings and recommendations to business unit management; reach agreement on appropriate solutions to risk management and operational efficiency issues.
- Utilize technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit process.
- Perform analysis on complex and high-volume transaction data by applying Computer Assisted Audit Techniques (CAATs)
- Conduct risk assessment on audit units or new information services processes, where required.
- Assist with the review and decision making process regarding closure of outstanding audit issues
- Actively participates in departmental initiatives.
- University degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related discipline with 4 to 6 years’ IS audit or IT security experience
- Recognized professional auditing (CIA, CISA) or security (CISSP, CEH, CHFI, etc) designation
- Solid IT Audit experience and application development experience would be an advantage
- Previous Big-4 experience is preferable
- Proficient in both Excel and other CAAT tools such as PowerBI
- Good knowledge of audit methodologies, control frameworks and risk management techniques, including current information security or application management technologie
- Proven track record in leading and managing audit engagements to deliver audit results on time and under pressure
- Good business knowledge of the insurance industry
- Excellent communication skills, oral and written. Able to deal with confrontations and conflicts
- Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with staff at all levels
- Results oriented; able to strike work balance on multiple priorities and projects
- Sound business judgment in assessing significance of issues and developing value added recommendations
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality
- Strong team-player who willingly and openly shares ideas and knowledge and vice versa
- Provide clear and timely constructive feedback. Take steps to address feedback results
- Regional travel in Asia is required
- Candidate with less relevant IS audit experience will be considered as Assistant Manage
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.