Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the Investment Director, the Senior Investment Analyst is accountable for tracking and analyzing financial performance of Multi-family investments made on behalf of the General Account of John Hancock and third-party investment funds. The position includes developing relationships with external property management firms as well as working with regional John Hancock offices to meet or exceed investment objectives.
- Evaluate performance and prepare variance analyses of financial statements, audits, budgets, and reforecasts.
- Develop proficiency with revenue optimization software used to establish market rates for the portfolio. Process includes developing knowledge of specific real estate markets and presenting recommendations for property leasing goals.
- Prepare approval documents related to value-add strategies or capital improvement projects and monitor progress.
- Coordinate quarterly appraisal review process with external vendors and maintain portfolio statistics.
- Oversee performance objectives set by third party property managers relating to rating reviews, cash collections, and monthly distributions for the General Account.
- Manage parts of the processes required for real estate tax abatements, insurance coverages and claims, internal and external audits.
- Undergraduate degree required; MBA or CFA designation (or in process) a positive
- 3-5 years of experience as a Real Estate Investment Analyst
- Demonstrated knowledge of real estate accounting, finance, leasing, and general multi-family management operations
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, Powerpoint, with a strong aptitude for learning new software packages
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Strong analytical and negotiating skills
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife, a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Operating as Manulife in Canada and Asia, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States, our group of companies offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were $1 trillion (US $754 billion) as at March 31, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.
The John Hancock unit, through its insurance companies, comprises one of the largest life insurers in the United States. John Hancock offers and administers a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, long-term care insurance, college savings, and other forms of business insurance. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V