Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Identify, structure, and secure approval for new investments primarily consisting of public and private fixed income opportunities that are sourced both through financial intermediaries and directly. Specific responsibilities will also include the following:
- Develop investment strategies and parameters and specify targeted companies with financing needs commensurate with Manulife’s cash flow, credit quality and duration needs;Build a network of deal sources;
- Market Manulife/John Hancock’s capabilities to borrowers and relevant third parties;
- Negotiate transaction terms with borrowers and suppliers;
- Prepare and present memoranda that include in-depth financial and business analyses in support of investment recommendations.
Manage portfolio including diversity, duration, capacity and credit risk and monitor sector and company developments on a timely basis. Specific responsibilities will also include the following:
- Assume responsibility for an existing portfolio;
- Monitor portfolio developments impacting credit risk and communicate them in a timely manner to relevant constituents including team leader, credit, portfolio management and trading;
- Produce written investment analysis of each portfolio holding no less than annually that summarizes updated performance metrics and investment risk;
- Assess corporate actions including tenders or other changes to the terms or conditions of investment;
- Manage transaction restructuring's in collaboration with credit, portfolio management, and legal counsel.
Possess the following skills/experience:
- Well-developed analytical template for fixed-income investing;
- Excellent written and verbal presentation skills;
- Relationship management experience or a strong potential to assume a relationship manager role overt time;
- Six to eight years of relevant experience;
- An MBA or the equivalent and/or the CFA designation.