Will play a support role in the ongoing portfolio specialist activities of the firm, with a primary focus on assigned investment strategies. Reporting to a senior portfolio specialist, the incumbent will work with assigned Manulife Asset Management teams to support our client facing teams in the effective communication and positioning of the team’s investment strategies with clients, prospects and consultants.
• Work with senior portfolio specialist and assigned investment management team(s) on all aspects of product management, including the interpretation, articulation and dissemination of key investment strategy content - philosophy, process, results and overall key market positioning and messaging - for existing and new strategies.
• Working with the marketing group, develop marketing collateral including presentations, RFP/database content, and other relevant materials required to describe and position assigned strategies and teams.
• Conduct ongoing research to track key competitors, market trends and threats and incorporate into product positioning and communication to key constituents globally to ensure competitiveness of existing products.
• Examine and monitor characteristics and statistics for assigned strategies to understand and be a source of knowledge on to communicate both portfolio positioning and sources of return and risk to both internal and external audiences.
• Directly interact with key personnel across Manulife AM as well as our prospects, clients and consultants in a highly professional manner.
• Consult with Sales Executives regarding sales strategy for each sales opportunity.
• Assist in the answering, editing, and completing Requests for Proposals and questionnaires (from base template or in response to RFP) with accuracy and by deadlines.
• Interact with Compliance and Legal Counsel to review and obtain approvals on all terms of reference relevant to an RFP.
• Prepare new business presentations and pull together the necessary materials required to provide solutions and quality service to prospects, clients and consultants.
• Perform other duties as required, which may include activities such as supporting new product development activities or providing input into other product team projects and initiatives.
• Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Finance or a related field; progress towards CFA and/or MBA preferred
• Minimum of 2-4years of experience preferably with an investment or asset management organization
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work with and co-ordinate between various groups within a global organization
• Strong interest in the investment marketplace, and eagerness to learn trends and needs of both institutional and retail sales channels and relationship management process
• Familiarity and comfort with key investment management principles
• Strong communication and presentation skills
• Well- developed analytical skills and attention to detail
• Proven ability to work independently in a role with significant impact on client interaction, both internally and externally
• Strong PC skills, including familiarity with key industry related software and databases; FactSet experience preferable