- Review and risk assessment of mortgage investments including property level and borrower level analysis.
- Monitor loans within the portfolio to identify risks and make recommendations to senior management to mitigate the risk.
- Ensuring that lending guidelines are applied in a fair and consistent manner in all reviews and memorandum to senior management.
- Review, analyze and provide recommendations regarding underwriting assumptions and risk analysis on loan origination submissions. Conduct annual loan reviews of the existing portfolio with an eye toward identifying potential risk and mitigating factors.
- Conduct market and portfolio analysis for specific deals or range of portfolio needs.
- Review, analyze, provide guidance and recommendations on a wide array of issues which may affect the loan and potential risks after a loan has funded.
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in Finance, Business, Economics or a related discipline.
- Analytical and underwriting experience in a commercial real estate or mortgage environment is preferred.
- Strong research, analytical and problem solving skills along with excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
- We are looking for demonstrated organizational skill and excellent attention to detail.
- Strong computer skills including knowledge of the various applications of the Microsoft Office Suite as well as the willingness to learn new applications.