Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Reporting to the PAM Middle Office and Accounting Director, the PAM Fund Accounting Manager incumbent will manage professionals in the PAM Investment Operations group and will be responsible for instructing and overseeing the deliverables provided by the custodian, administrator, and other third party vendors that support private asset funds and separately managed accounts.
- The PAM Investment Operations team consists of investment professionals that support the operations for the private assets such as mortgages, private debt, fixed income, real estate, and private equity as well as third party alternative investment funds whose responsibilities include:
- Oversight of Administrator, Custodian, and any other third party vendors & all associated deliverables for third party funds.
- Processing and/ or oversight of trades, valuation, reconciliations, investor subscriptions, redemptions, allocations, NAV production and other operations tasks
- Responsible for oversight and escalated clearance of issues arising in the recon between the Administrator and Manulife’s Internal Book of Record.
- Work with IT to ensure data feeds to the Administrator are tested and complete.
- Adherence to internal policy and procedures.
- Timely and accurate production/Review of Client Reporting
- Manage and mentor staff to develop to potential – ensure cross training
- Manage control structure of shared service model between GA/PAM/MAM Ops. Provide Admin data to support Front office, finance, compliance, performance and internal leadership requests.
- Provide support to sales and RFP teams.
The PAM Fund Accounting Manager manages staff to achieve the team objectives through daily oversight of all functions for the group. This includes providing the day-to-day direction, problem resolution, distribution of work flow to staff, mentoring of staff and the production of regular management and client reporting.
Additional Responsibilities include:
- Ensures the team is operating under the strongest control environment and that tasks are completed within procedures and controls including proper escalation protocols are used
- Strong contributions in projects, new initiatives, technology development
- 5+ Years of Alternative Investment Experience
- Accounting for Private Equity Funds is highly desired
- Operations/Accounting experience with private debt, private equity, bank loans, fixed income, and mortgages and real estate is a plus
- 2+ years or supervisory / management experience
- Must have the ability to create and maintain strong relationships with people at all levels and different functions throughout the organization and with external partners
- Strong planning, communication and collaboration skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Solution oriented
- Accounting or Finance degree
- Demonstrated ability to be flexible and exercise judgment in a change environment
About the Company
Manulife/John Hancock's Investment Division manages the Company's General Fund, on-balance sheet assets and through Manulife Asset Management, manages assets for institutional clients and investment funds in key markets around the world. The Division manages a broad range of investments including public and private bonds, public and private equities, mortgages, real estate, oil and gas, infrastructure, timberland, farmland and asset allocation strategies. The Division has physical presence in key international financial centers, including the United States, Canada, Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom, Australia and throughout South East Asia. Manulife Asset Management also provides investment management services to affiliates' retail clients through product offerings of Manulife and John Hancock.
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife, a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Operating as Manulife in Canada and Asia, and primarily as John Hancock in the United States, our group of companies offers clients a diverse range of financial protection products and wealth management services through its extensive network of employees, agents and distribution partners. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were $1 trillion (US $754 billion) as at March 31, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.
The John Hancock unit, through its insurance companies, comprises one of the largest life insurers in the United States. John Hancock offers and administers a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, long-term care insurance, college savings, and other forms of business insurance. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/V