- Accurately processes changes on client policies which include: banking and credit card changes and updates, address changes, cancellations, reinstatements, beneficiary and power of attorney designations and changes, plan changes, change of ownership, and collateral assignments.
- Accurately calculate applicable premium refunds as a result of plan changes, and/or cancellations.
- Maintain an assigned block of Small Business or group accounts. This includes handling of all transactions and inquiries relating to these accounts.
- Researching, analyzing and responding to inquiries received from internal and external customers. This involves determining the best course of action to address the issue and accurately processing any necessary transaction(s).
- Calculating and preparing manual Income Tax Receipts, when required.
- Meet quality and service standards to ensure that individual and team objectives are consistently met.
- Participate in on-going training. Provide assistance on other functions handled within the Department. Be actively involved in the continuous improvement of all processes and procedures.
- College diploma or related business experience.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
- Flexible and able to take the initiative to learn and adapt in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Strong organizational and prioritization skills; able to handle a large volume of work accurately, efficiently and professionally.
- Able to work independently, with a minimum of direct supervision.
- Use a high degree of discretion and tact since confidential, sensitive and personal information is disclosed to us.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Basic accounting knowledge required to handle account reconciliation.
- Must be knowledgeable about several policy administration systems (AMAC, IMAC, LH Converted system, Aexpert, AWD) and desktop applications.
- Proficient knowledge of MS Office i.e. Word, Excel.
- Excellent keyboarding skills.
- Bilingual (French/English) a definite asset.