Title: AVP, IFRS Oversight
Locations: Boston, MA/ Toronto, Ontario/ Waterloo, Ontario
- Project Leadership: Undertake and participate in business unit, divisional, corporate and other projects as needed, representing US Division in broader Total Company actuarial initiatives such as IFRS, and US Finance on initiatives such as process improvements for the actuarial shared services centres. Provide divisional & BU valuation teams with actuarial consultative support related to IFRS reserves, capital, and other regulatory requirements
- Divisional Oversight and Analysis: Support the US Division IFRS and quarterly process including providing summary reports to Sr. Management, and review of all SOE analysis. Develop and refine Divisional processes to improve analysis, efficiency, and control. Provide consultative support to Business Units and GFA on IFRS issues as they arise and help to provide divisional review where needed on items such as IFRS DCAT, VSAQ, VBMS (valuation basis memos).
- Liaison with Other Departments and Areas: Develop efficient and productive working relationships with senior financial members of other areas throughout the Company, in particular with the various Group functions such as Actuarial & Controllers, ALM, Risk etc.
- Reserve Basis Change Process: Manage the annual IFRS reserve basis change process from a US Division perspective. Ensure timelines are met, analysis is completed and provide informative consolidated reporting to US Senior Management. Provide divisional review of experience studies where needed and ensure controls and standards exist to provide accurate and complete analysis and implementation of all reserve basis changes by legal entity.
- Qualified FSA/FCIA
- Excellent written and oral communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely when presenting technical issues, options, and recommendations to management
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong collaboration skills and organization skills with the ability to work on cross-functional teams - proven ability to build relationships and influence others.
- Experience with IFRS valuation reporting and CALM.