Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
John Hancock's Insurance division (a Division of Manulife) empowers people to feel confident about the future by helping them protect their loved ones, grow their savings and preserve their wealth. John Hancock is an industry leader in the ability to quickly deliver to market a broad, financially sound and competitive life insurance product portfolio.
The successful candidate will take on a multitude of product development related projects, centered around the design and pricing of complex individual life insurance products for the US marketplace that meet both business unit marketing and financial goals. A key challenge will be to be adaptable to rapidly changing circumstances in the internal or external environment. The position reports to the AVP & Pricing Actuary, John Hancock Insurance.
- Leading and/or being a part of pricing teams to develop innovative new products that meeting marketing, profitability, and risk management goals.
- Joining cross functional product development teams that also include representatives from marketing, systems, illustrations, legal, and contracts, to represent Pricing's interests and concerns.
- Developing enhanced pricing techniques to reflect emerging issues such as guarantee costing, in force portfolio leveraging, and others.
- Working closely with Product Managers and Distribution on product design objectives that meet the needs of our customers in multiple distribution channels.
- Working with the AVP & Pricing Actuary and the AVP & Pricing Officer to present product financial results and explain key challenges and constraints at each step of the process
- Responsible for additional projects related to the department's objectives.
- Fellow of the Society of Actuaries (FSA) or equivalent.
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving ability combined with very strong technical actuarial skills.
- Risk management focus, with ability to see beyond traditional measures and identify emerging issues.
- Ability to respond to changing demands from multiple stakeholders and prioritize needs and results while working under deadline pressure
- Knowledge of IFRS and US Statutory accounting bases including earnings emergence, deferred taxes, and capital, as well as the various profit metrics used in pricing.
- Experience with US individual life insurance (product development or valuation) an asset
About John Hancock Financial and Manulife
John Hancock is a division of Manulife Financial Corporation, a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers’ needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States, and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance and wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. Assets under management and administration by Manulife and its subsidiaries were over $1 trillion (US$806 billion) as of September 30, 2017. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as MFC on the TSX, NYSE, and PSE, and under 945 on the SEHK. Manulife can be found at manulife.com.
One of the largest life insurers in the United States, John Hancock supports approximately 10 million Americans with a broad range of financial products, including life insurance, annuities, investments, 401(k) plans, and college savings plans. We also offer advice through Signator, a network of independent financial advisors. Additional information about John Hancock may be found at johnhancock.com.
Agency submissions and contacts are by invitation only and must be initiated by John Hancock's Recruiting Department only. Unsolicited agency submissions will not be honored.
JOHN HANCOCK IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER - AA/F/M/D/VQualifications