Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The EV, HKSTAT and ALM team within HK Corporate Actuarial mainly responsible for the New Business Value, IFEV and HKSTAT reporting. It also support the ALM function such as managing ALCO and Investment Committee and reviewing investment strategies and opportunities.
The main responsibility of this role is to manage to EV team to provide timely and quality deliverables & analysis and also support projects and initiatives related to HKSTAT and ALM functions.
- Lead the EV reporting team to deliver timely submission and ensure they are of high quality and standard.
- Support HKSTAT reporting, Asset and Liability Management tasks.
- Coordinate with different teams to produce high quality and timely results for management, financial, and regulatory reporting purposes.
- Support ad-hoc projects (e.g. RBC development).
- Maintenance of model documentation and controls to satisfy valuation control, SOX, and audit requirements.
- Provide leadership and guidance to junior staff.
- Degree holder with FSA or equivalent qualification(s).
- 4 - 6 years’ of relevant experience in the life insurance industry.
- Proficiency in actuarial software (AXIS) is an advantage.
- Ability to lead and manage a team of junior staff.
- Strong communication skills to work with internal clients and external parties
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.