- Partners with the Asia CAO and various Business Unit Analytic leads, countries data offices and other technology teams to help develop the services and capabilities that advance Manulife’s analytic capabilities.
- Leads the strategy for achieving organizational goals for reporting, analytics and advanced data environments (Hadoop, Spark, SAS & R integration). Ensures that the Division sets an effective path for the adoption of new data warehousing and analytics technology, consistent with needs and standards of Manulife.
- Represents the Asia Division Data Office in various working groups, steering committees and governance bodies.
- Manages day-to-day activities of an Analytic support team, which includes: assigning and prioritizing tasks, managing and measuring performance through regular performance evaluations, and making hiring decisions. Ensures that the team is staffed with the needed roles and skills.
- Delivers presentations to various divisional leadership and governance groups, educating & training teams on how to leverage emerging technology capabilities in the data & analytics space.
- As a senior leader of the IT team, it is an expectation that the candidate will apply the principles, definitions, and behaviors of leadership including, but not limited to, the qualities described below:
- Bachelor’s degree in a field related to information, data management and analytics or related to financial services with a minimum of 7 years overall relevant experience.
- 5 - 10 years of experience managing a large technology team within the data & analytics function.
- Able to foster, develop, and promote diverse teams.
- Able to create a shared vision.
- Able to builds collaborative and inclusive relationships with good stakeholder management skills.
- Strong analytic and problems solving skills
- Creates value for the diverse communities we serve.
- Excellent leadership in leading and delivering innovation and change.
- Strong result delivery with excellent quality in tight timeline.