Manulife/John Hancock is looking for creative minds for its growing Experience Office.
The Experience Office focuses on solving the technological and experiential needs of our global businesses,
including Investments and Group Functions. Our mission is to create solutions that provide value to our customers and partners, while continuously improving existing services and solution offerings.
As an organization driven on powering world-class customer and employee experiences through software, we believe in the value of empowering engineers with the resources to solve critical problems for the future of our business. As such, the Experience Office has the mandate to accelerate the technical evolution and support of our solution engineers around the world.
We are committed to engage top talent, provoke ideas, and foster a culture of innovation that encourages an entrepreneurial approach to deliver world-class experiences.
Here is what we are looking for:
You thrive on solving complex challenges and questioning the status quo is your second nature. Set assumptions
bore you and problems are perfect opportunities to get your mind on overdrive. You excel in transforming a
vision into tangible and successful solutions.
You perform well in a diverse team and flexible environment. You understand that success is 1% inspiration and 99% execution. You build strong and positive relationships that prove beneficial when prototyping and
delivering solutions in an agile or lean manner. You know that raising issues and acknowledging failure are
essential components of success.
You may even possess knowledge in applying the fundamentals of asset management, capital markets, and/or
financial services in support of our service or product offerings, or are ready to learn by doing.
In this role, Visiting Software Engineers will:
• Prototype and deliver solutions in an agile manner
• Collaborate on the design of new solutions
• Work collaboratively within the team to deliver functionality that exceeds customer expectations
• Additional duties to be considered as skills are developed and interest is expressed
We’re looking to add talent to highly-skilled teams. A successful Visiting Software Engineer will bring a diverse background, which may include some or all of the following skills. Limited prior experience can be overcome by a passion for the work and the desire to learn.
• Experience building technology solutions and prototypes in an accelerated manner
• Exposure to test-driven development
• Entrepreneurial spirit and comfort working in a fast-paced, rapidly changing environment
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
In this role, you will have the opportunity to:
• Explore new technologies and strengthen technical skills
• Work on high-visibility products that directly support and influence the future of the organization
• Collaborate with contributors throughout the company and across the world to deliver solutions
leveraging DevOps and agile principles