Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife Bank & Trust is looking for User Acceptance Testers to join our Business Services & Development team (BSD) on a permanent and contract basis. BSD is a central support area for all of Manulife Bank and is accountable for providing support for Bank projects and initiatives through business analysis, user acceptance testing, training, procedural documentation and process improvement. The successful candidate will be highly motivated, collaborative, and a passionate professional who is committed to building solid relationships while delivering on initiatives.
The User Acceptance Testing team tests business processes when changes or enhancements are made to Bank systems to ensure they work as expected from a business and/or customer perspective. Reporting to the Leader, Business UAT, the successful candidate will be responsible for the planning and creation of low-to-medium complexity test cases, and the execution of that testing related to projects and steady state releases. In almost all instances, you will be directly partnered with a more senior Tester on the UAT team.
- Writes and executes test plans and test cases in Excel for Bank system releases; test business procedures on behalf of the Bank business areas
- Partners with the UAT team to discuss testing approaches and writes detailed UAT test strategies
- Maintain/update all testing templates as required and prepare documentation for UAT training
- Track and log system defect issues, provide sign-off on project testing
- Ability to recognize and escalate testing issues and delays to the UAT team and articulate the business impact
- Ability to manage multiple work assignments and prioritize work effectively to meet the business need
- Ability to adapt quickly to changing priorities and timelines
- Identifies efficiencies within the team with a continual focus on process improvement
- Communicate and partner with the project working group or IS, as required
- Overtime may be required during major testing cycles
- Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral
- MS Excel proficiency
- Positive attitude, strong team player and effective collaborator with remote team members
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Knowledge of Manulife Bank products, systems and operations is preferred
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable when dealing with change
- Sound problem-solving skills
- Previous testing experience is an asset
- Previous banking experience is an asset
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.