The Director of Digital Strategy & Analytics will be responsible for developing and implementing innovative and leading-edge digital marketing and analytics programs focused on the various JH Insurance audiences, including prospects, policyholders and financial professionals. This role will lead the creation and implementation of digital strategies and analytics across multiple digital platforms (including marketing technology recommendations and implementation), to support sales, marketing, operations, and other business areas, in order to support goals and improve customer experiences.
Oversee and lead the digital strategy for the John Hancock Insurance Division in the following areas:
- Recommend digital content distribution and promotional/campaign opportunities and execution across owned, paid and earned media channels (web, social, mobile, advertising, search, etc.) to increase lead generation, customer awareness and engagement.
- Drive strategic decisions on campaign microsite/landing page strategies, producer and consumer site UX/CX, and protected versus unprotected content (on producer site).
- Actively partner with project managers and design team in order to foster positive collaborative relationships and a team approach to developing effective digital experiences.
- Manage relationships with any external digital marketing agencies to create and deliver content and programs, including measurement of all digital campaigns, when applicable.
- Partner with IT and Brand (and external vendors as needed) to develop, scale, and activate the firm’s marketing technology ecosystem
- Integrate current marketing tools to introduce remarketing and campaign automation opportunities, and overall digital marketing enablement
- Research and report on competitor digital strategies and provide relative comparisons and position
- Keep abreast of new technologies and trends and their impact on digital strategy
- Lead ideation of new initiatives and digital experiences that can connect with customers/financial advisors in new and meaningful ways
- Actively evaluate and optimize our digital marketing efforts and channels to better understand customer/financial advisor experiences and increase engagement
- Assist in highlighting customer/financial advisor journeys and personas to drive digital tactics/strategies, illuminate opportunities, provide actionable feedback, and help maximize success.
Measurement & Analytics
- Co-create and oversee the analytics, reporting & insights process with Marketing, Strategy, Distribution, and Operations stakeholders
- Synthesize strategic direction, current analytics, and trends for the effective execution of digital marketing initiatives
- Develop and implement an analytics platform to support web and campaign reporting based on KPIs; derive insights that become actionable steps for more effective outcomes
- Oversee and develop web team members to expand their knowledge and skill sets, to enable them to grow and contribute broadly to digital marketing initiatives
- Redefine roles, responsibilities, and talent and resource gaps within the digital marketing team.
- Post-secondary education
- 5-10 years of experience in digital marketing strategy, analytics, channel strategy (social, email, display, etc.) and other/emerging digital channels
- Experience and knowledge of digital strategies specifically targeted toward financial advisors and consumers
- A strong understanding of the financial services industry
- A history of building and leading innovative and high-performance teams
- Proven interpersonal and relationship-building skills
- Strong project management skills
- Effective and natural communicator and collaborator
- Ability to work effectively with internal stakeholders
- Experience managing and developing a team of direct reports