Treasury Accounts Payable (Treasury AP) team is responsible for the vendor payment processing of all North American business units. There are two teams within Treasury AP – the Manila MBPS teams and Waterloo team. Treasury Accounts Payable Tax Compliance team is responsible to ensure compliance of various Canadian and US taxation requirements on vendor payments for North America vendor payments.
The AP Tax and Operations Specialist, based in Waterloo, is expected to ensure all vendor payments are properly processed and paid to the vendors, review all AP payment control reports, review and ensure all manual eTreasury related disbursements are submitted completely and accurately and provide excellent customer service by responding to customers’ queries timely and completely. The AP Tax and Operations Specialist will also assist in completing various month end and year-end deliverables and collect data for MIS reporting purpose. At the same time, this incumbent will spend 50% of the available time supporting various AP Tax compliance deliverables.Qualifications
- University degree in a business-related field
- Excellent understanding of internal controls especially on various cash management processes & controls
- Minimum 1 – 2 years of work experiences in accounts payable or tax compliance related role
- Excellent Excel skill
- Highly detail-oriented, good research and analytical skills
- Excellent organizational, prioritization and problem solving skills
- Highly motivated with the ability to take initiative and ownership of problems and tasks
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and relationship management skills in dealing with all levels of teams
- Good business writing skills
- Ability to work on multiple objectives, conflicting priorities and complex issues
- Demonstrate ability to be flexible due to changing business priorities
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of September 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$806 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $27.1 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.