- Manage the overall planning, furniture installation and construction process to maximize the value of all internal facilities projects, by identifying and defining client requirements within corporate standards through interviews and the planning process, preparing estimates and budgets, controlling the tendering process and managing consultants and contractors through the design and construction processes.
- Control the budget and cost factors for each project. Manage by setting up and obtaining required approvals for project budgets, managing and directing the tendering process, controlling and managing expenses both internal and external contractors and consultants and acting as a control point to monitor all financial aspects during the course of a project.
- Initiate and implement design, furniture layouts and construction drawings to ensure adherence to corporate standards, including preparing AutoCAD working drawings and designs, negotiating and hiring pre qualified bidders, coordinating the procurement and cost-effective quality control of all required equipment and services, conducting site inspections, expediting and coordinating change orders and providing contract administration services.
- Manage the hiring of pre-qualified consultants, trades and vendors, organizing security, telecommunications, voice services, elevator and building access, identifying, selecting and directing trades on-site during construction and relocations and identifying and expediting resolutions to deficiencies following relocations and reconfigurations.
- Minimum 3 – 5 years of experience in Corporate Real Estate projects, including space planning, design and project management experience.
- A skilled and highly qualified professional with extensive experience in the fields of interior design/planning and project and construction management. As well as an academic degree in architectural technology or interior design and construction and/or 3-5 years, experience in managing interior design and construction projects.
- Incumbent must have excellent knowledge of current market conditions regarding design, systems furniture and space planning and produce work that reflects current corporate standards. It is expected that the incumbent is current with industry and competitor trends in design and construction.
- An in-depth knowledge of and experience with AutoCAD is a prerequisite, as is general knowledge of Tririga CAFM software, personal computer hardware and software to deal with, financial analysis and project management reports, budgets and schedules and word processing.
- Must have an excellent understanding of the real estate and construction industries and the practices and principles of interior design. An excellent working knowledge of construction materials, methods and related contract documents is essential as is an understanding of the budget and accounting processes.
- The ability to initiate and develop construction and design concepts to meet a wide range of client requirements. Highly developed technical problem-solving skills and an excellent understanding and current knowledge of building codes and bylaws, contractual agreements, legal documents and building technology are required. A thorough knowledge of the construction market and current market conditions is required in order to provide accurate cost and schedule information. Knowledge of the processes and procedures involved in dealing with municipal governments is an asset to the position.
- Such tasks as analyzing and negotiating client needs, aiding in rationalization of project costs and presenting project proposals to senior management all require the incumbent to have above-average verbal and written communication skills, as well as strong organizational, management, interpersonal, leadership and motivational skills.
- The incumbent must be flexible and a strong team player in order to conduct work within a team environment and be willing to share and exchange knowledge and ideas.
- The ability to work under pressure while prudently managing construction risk is required.
- Ability to professionally interact with all levels of management and provide excellent customer service.
- Accountable for scheduling and the financial management of project related costs ensuring proper approvals are obtained as per the MLI schedule of approvals.
- Note: Above is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job classification.