Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Assess eligibility of premium waiver on Life Claims for Listing Groups, Stand Alone Waiver, and On-going Premium of Waiver claims. Prepare follow-up letters, filing and requesting of files from offsite. Interact with internal and external clients at all levels. Interpret contractual wording and deal with benefit details in action plan and decision making.
- Ensure all documents required are received before processing the claim
- Follow-up with employer regarding missing forms, clarification of information, to confirm if employee has returned to work
- Call members to follow-up with their current and conduct interview to assess members’ activities of daily living
- Send out requests for Attending Physician Updates on a timely manner
- Send out approval letters and/or decline letters
- Send fax to employer and physician's office to follow-up missing information
- Interpret contractual wordings correctly
- Ensure member has coverage and eligibility prior to waiving of premiums
- Refer claims to Perm unit if necessary
- Provide claim updates to case managers and/or employers when necessary
- Graduate of any Bachelor's degree course
- At least 1 year in current role (1 year after regularization for new employee)
- Good attendance record, meeting utilization and not exceeding leave credits
- Consistently meets or exceeds individual performance goals in the past twelve months
- No Disciplinary Actions in the past 12 month
- Has knowledge in Group Disability
- Has medical background
- Has experience with medical adjudication
- LOMA 280 Passer
- Basic computer and keyboarding skills with a minimum of 30 WPM
- Must pass business unit CGB Math exam with a score of at least 8
- Knowledge in Medical terminology
- English Communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Decision Making Skills
- Minimum Skills Requirements to Go-live:
- Good understanding and appreciation of the Group Benefits environment and its clients
- Knowledge of Disability and Life processes
- Good understanding of Manulife’s privacy and confidentiality policies and guidelines
- Excellent understanding of Navigator and other Citrix applications.
- Ability to use Avaya telephony system
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.