- As Project Director, the candidate will be responsible for managing the planning, organizing and implementation of complex strategic projects (highly visible initiatives crossing multiple functions, Divisions and Business Units).
- To take projects from initiation through final implementation; assembling a matrixed project team, including identification and securing of resources needed, and assigning responsibilities based upon the project plan.
- The Project Director must continually and effectively communicate within our organization and with functional representatives.
- To be successful in the role, the candidate will possess not only demonstrated successful experience in project management, but will possess superior relationship management skills and ability to work effectively in ambiguity.
- This role is Hong Kong or Singapore based.
- Degree holder with at least 10+ years relevant experience at senior portfolio/project management level with proven record of success
- Experience in Business and IT related change or managing e-commerce projects; Demonstrate knowledge of website architecture both pre and post-login. Exposure to CMS systems.
- Experience in Insurance or Wealth industry. Exposure to products and operations will be a key criteria
- Working business knowledge of marketing within financial services with strong understanding of business process engineering. Experience working regional programs both technical and marketing in nature.
- Exceptional knowledge and proficiency in project management tools, techniques, and systems development methodologies and lifecycles, including Waterfall and Agile.
- Facilitating the sharing of best practices or lessons learnt and helping to identify and develop other requirements for the Portfolio Director, such as Training, as necessary.
- Manage own portfolio of projects and work closely with Portfolio Director and Project Sponsors to develop business cases for strategic and major initiatives which have been agreed as part of the Strategic Roadmap.
- Develop and actively manage project plans in line with our standards to ensure solutions are delivered within agreed parameters.
- Manage projects/portfolio to plan; taking appropriate corrective action to ensure delivery remains on track
- Manage the project spend within approved budget. Strong financial management skills to establish controls, track resource/costs and provide good business solutions.
- Manage relationships across all business lines and with external parties, defining requirements, agreeing terms and ensuring delivery. Highly effective influence, negotiation and collaboration skills with the ability to work across the enterprise globally. Flexible and adaptable when dealing with change with a strong awareness and understanding of cultural diversity.
- Plan and manage internal and external project resources to ensure delivery of project outputs within agreed parameters. Ability to make effective decisions under pressure.
- Minimise exposure and risks by identifying and proactively managing, i.e. mitigation, all risks and issues affecting the project, including financial and operational.
- Provide progress reporting as required.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with the ability to effectively communicate with all levels, including C-suite.