We think you would be a great fit if:
- You have a strong focus on building the right solution that focuses on the needs of the Customer
- You love to work collaboratively with Clients, Vendors, IT Peers and your team to deliver a cohesive solution
- You love developing and troubleshooting data movement issues
- You have strong SQL skills and have background in Java, Python, Informatica, and / or Nifi / Storm ETL Tools
- You love learning new technologies including platforms such as Informatica, Horton DataWorks
- You enjoy working autonomously and taking accountability for your success
- You love to collaborate with people to ensure the solutions you are building are complete, consistent and understood by all parties
- You have the ability to think through complex technical requirements
- Your motto is “Just Do It!” because you like to get a lot done
- You have the ability to translate requirements into which can be generically applied to provide a highly reusable system framework
- You will work closely with the Support Analyst, Offshore Developers, and vendor support teams to deliver a solution that supports a broad array of business needs in a divisionally consistent model
- You will coordinate with support and project team members to ensure that your deliverables are understood and solutioned well
- You will work closely with technical Subject Matter Experts to review design and adhere to Manulife standards
- You will prepare documents that outline your solution changes, create batch jobs, execute implementation tasks, and support testing
- We support multiple services that require governance, process and procedures - you will help us to maintain and improve these
- As the project teams bring in new technology – you get to learn it
- As we grow you will work closely with other teams in the organization learning what they are accountable for.
- You will work with other developers and have a chance to contribute in different ways to the team.
- You will play a part on the on-call rotation providing after hours support. Position will include participation in weekend on call support rotation approximately once every 4-5 weeks.
- There may be a requirement, from time to time, for overtime when incident or request volumes are unusually high
- Leading the offshore development team may require off hours meetings or conference calls to support and coordinate the effort of those team members
- I / J levels- You have at least 2 years of experience as a Developer or a degree in a related field
- You have experience developing ETL using Informatica
- You have experience developing Java / Python
- You have the ability to translate technical requirements into system deliverables.
- You love learning and being the champion of change, particularly learning new technologies
- You are fun to be around and we can count on you
Location: This position is available in our Kitchener-Waterloo, Ontario location