"Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations."
The DataLake Operations Lead will focus the daily operations of the DataLake and is responsible for supporting the implementation of the data strategy for the business intelligence reporting and the analytics for Japan. This includes;
• Ensure daily SLA for business is met for the DataLake including the system availability, Data quality and business tool synchronization.
• Acts as a “gatekeeper” for Japan new requirements to ensure all information required is gathered, accurate and complete prior to submitting to approval. Also manage System/project dependencies with other business applications for clear impact analysis.
• Perform the initial triage for the issues occur in DataLake and facilitate the resolution with development team and provides subject matter expertise.
• Monitors Japan adherence to data governance policies, procedures and processes related to Data initiatives and facilitate the periodic review.
• Work with Japan Information technology application owners, Japan Analytics team, Japan Business departments and Asia Data Office Operations.
Roles & Responsibilities:
1. Conduct Impact analysis for Data Lake based on the business requirements and consolidate the Ingestion and Data model enhancement requirements for the Data Lake.
2. Active member in the DataLake change prioritization committee and represent the Japan related requirements for approval.
3. Create and Maintain the Japan roadmap for the implementation of Data source ingestion and changes to the DataLake publish layer.
4. Maintain the Latest Data Dictionary of all the application data ingested into DataLake and capture the changes to it in timely manner.
5. Participate in the Japan BAU council and understand the changes to the application data model and analyze the impact to DataLake and define the priority of impact.
6. Active member in the Japan Data governance council and maintain the data access approvals and facilitate the periodic review.
7. Collaborate with Business and define the high-level solution for their requirements based on the current DataLake capabilities and tools used for reporting/ Analytics.
8. Participate in the Business Layer tool landscape creation and engage in the solution review and facilitate the information required to avoid the redundancy in the modelling.
9. Supports the DataLake related enhancement testing from business consumption point and facilitate the environment and data for the Business users testing.
10. Work with Japan Incident management team as point of contact for the data related incidents to follow the resolution, analysis results and prevention plan.
11. Participation in the definition of standard enterprise data management and enterprise data architecture processes and deliverables.
12. Support Data Architecture to create and maintain the enterprise data strategy and standards.
13. Assist in maintaining the assessment and inventory of the existing enterprise-level data environment.
Highly developed communication & relationship skills (Business level English and Japanese Language capability)
5+ Years of experience in data modeling and in Big data management.
10+ years of experience with all stages of the Software Development Life Cycle, with the proven ability to drive the implementation in accordance with current trend and knowledge in change management process.
Experience in managing data dictionary, data mapping and provide analysis/solutions to business requirements.
Experience in working with business departments as bridge between the business and development team.
Experience in implementing the business intelligence tools like Power BI, Tableau, Qlikview and analytics tools like SAS.
Experience in Hadoop, MapReduce, Hive, Sqoop, Spark, NiFi, and NoSql databases like HBase and knowledge on data mining.
Experience in working with Data Architect to maintain the Data architecture for the organization.
Experience of Infrastructure management and Meta Data management across different systems.
Experience in troubleshooting and diagnose issues of Data related implementations.
Ability to provide Compliance, Privacy and Security in Data Lake within Regional and global systems.
A good team player who is self-motivated and can work independently as well as collaborate with multiple teams including senior stakeholders and external stakeholders.
Onboard DataLake as mainstream system and implement the process for analysis based on the changes to the source systems.
Managing cross functional system conflicts, schedule & team communications ensuring smooth development & implementation is a challenge.
Always look for opportunity to reduce the manual tasks and implementation automation.
Execute in both waterfall and agile method projects with consistent quality.
Position Dimensions (Organizational Impact):
Report to Data Lake Steering committee with delivery progress, risks and mitigations.
Support and coordinate all business departments like customer support operations for the user acceptance and “time to market” implementation.
Liaison between regional and business departments to facilitate smooth communication of expectations.
Support all development teams with schedule, progress and roadmap prioritization.
Commutation allowance and Variable Incentive Bonus are paid based on our Work Rules.
Standard Working Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm (Full-Flextime system available)
Social Insurance (Health Insurance, Employees' Pension, Unemployment Insurance, Worker's Accident Insurance), Benefit One, Training system (include Japanese lesson / English lesson), Childcare Leave/Family care Leave, Baby-sitter support program, wiwiw System (Support program for those who take Childcare Leave), Retirement Pension (only for Regular employee).
Saturdays and Sundays
Year-end and new year holidays (December 30, December 31, January 2 and January 3)
Annual Paid Holiday
For Regular employee, other special holidays are available (e.g. Anniversary Leave, etc.)
Shinjuku Head Office, Tokyo Opera city, 3-20-2 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Japan
About Manulife Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$ 888 billion (US$663 billion) as at September 30, 2015. Our group of companies operates as Manulife in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.QualificationsCategory: