Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
This position is for a Business Systems Analyst on the Systems Services Team. The successful applicant will be involved with application support, application deployment, business requirement gathering and data analysis all in support of solutions that conform to Manulife standards. The candidate will need to have a breadth and depth of experience that will allow her/him to devise and support solutions that integrate appropriately within the organization and its application frameworks.
- Work with upstream and downstream systems to debug or trouble shoot data processing issues
- Investigate SQL stored procedures, Informatica Workflows, CA WLA failures and Perl scripts from a support perspective to debug issues or perform analysis for minor enhancements
- Monitoring IBM Websphere MQ to ensure data is flowing properly from the publishing systems to the subscribing systems
- Tracking and resolving a high number of exceptions on a day to day basis as operations support
- Coordinate development efforts with the development team for major enhancements
- Coordinate code deployments with various teams and ensure audit standards are met
- Track and produce key metrics for the team and develop strategies to increase efficiency
- Remain current on standards, technologies, approaches and methodologies
- Consistently apply the concept of continuous improvement
- Minimum 2 years working experience supporting systems at Level 2 (support)
- Experience with relational database structures and methodologies
- Proven ability to multitask both independently and within a team
- Excellent English communication (both written and oral)
- Applicable undergraduate degree or Designation in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Ability to understand business process requirements and, through the use of technology, conceptualize creative solutions through to implementation
- Experience in financial industry
- Action oriented, creative and proactive thinker
- Willing to work different shifts (North American Business Hours + Asia Business Hours)
- Successful candidate should have strong knowledge and experience in the below technologies:
- WEB API
- Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF)
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.