Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
We're not who you think we are.
What if I told you that Manulife, a financial company, has a fun, laid back work environment with flexible hours, jeans, and work from home arrangements? What if I told you we're working towards modern tools and processes including Agile, Design thinking, DevOps and tools like Jira? What if I told you we are striving to innovate and we’re growing?
No, you couldn't possibly be talking about Manulife!
But I am! We're not some old, stuffy insurance company. We're a large company with lots of young talent going through a transformation to be not just a financial company, but a technology company.
What Work Would I be Doing?
We're looking for individuals with 2-5 years’ experience to complete our team. We are growing, and we’re looking for someone to learn and grow with us! Your responsibilities would include:
- Work with Business Analysts and Developers to come up with solutions to problems
- Delivering solution requirements for new and existing clients, clarifying and translating business requirements
- Leading advancements and innovations within the practice. To help to continuously improve tooling, processes and methodologies (agile)
- Assume a role of advisor, teacher, facilitator and mentor to develop and motivate team members
- Coordinate tasks with project managers, our test team and other business partners to lead and execute complex analysis, identifying root causes of problems
- Enjoy your job!
Are you a Systems Analyst?
- Do you enjoy leading meetings with stakeholders to better understand and capture what they want and need?
- Do you have excellent communication and presentation skills?
- Are you effective at conducting workflow analysis, defining requirements, recommending and implementing solutions?
- Do you enjoy showcasing your technical skills to deepen your business analysis?
- Do you excel at key analysis skills such as data modeling and process mapping?
- Do you take pride in well documented business and technical requirements that are useful to all?
- Can you Challenge the current state, Challenge the status quo in a professional manner while supporting our current processes?
- Can you adapt quickly and easily to changes within the business and organization.
- Are you able to successfully manage competing priorities and navigate within ambiguity?
- Collaborate with geographically and culturally diverse cross-functional teams.
Why is this job Important?
Our team helps to drive out and execute on a great banking experience for our customers. It’s banking, the way it should be. At Manulife Bank, we believe banking products are an integral part of every Canadian's financial plan. As one of Canada's youngest banks, we are growing at an unprecedented rate and need people with the skills, energy and drive to maintain our leadership position as an "advisors bank."
What Will I Learn on this Job?
You will learn about working in a large organization, helping to develop new product solutions and enhance existing ones, to help make banking easier for our customers. Thanks to a supportive company with a culture of continuous learning and improvement, we are open to hearing what you want to learn and we can help you get there! We also have a diverse technology environment. You will learn how the data connects, how clients use our products, how to fit the puzzle pieces of new technology and data into older systems, while make we them better!
What about Perks?
Manulife has lots of perks including, but not limited to:
- Competitive compensation
- Wearing jeans to work every day
- An abundance of career paths and opportunities to advance
- A flexible work environment with flex hours, work from home opportunities and distributed teams
- Retirement Savings Accounts including a RPP (Pension Plan), RRSP (Retirement Savings Plan), and TFSA (Tax Free Savings account)
- Manulife Share Ownership Program with employer matching
- Customizable Benefits Package including Health, Dental, Vision, and 100% of Mental Health expenses
- Financial support for ongoing training, learning, and education
We're looking for passionate, motivated individuals with Intermediate level skills, 2-5 years of experience to join our team's exciting journey as we grow, pioneer, and innovate. Experience with any or all of the following tools/technologies that we use is a huge plus:
- SOA and Web Services
- Oracle for databases running simple to moderate table queries
- Jira\ Confluence for task management, dashboard and backlog management
- ALM for defect management and requirement repository (on waterfall projects)
- Jenkins, Maven, and SonarQube for a DevOps chain
If you're excited by the notion of joining a team with learning agility and who likes to champion innovation, we want to hear from you!
Ok, I'm Sold. Now what?
Please apply and attach your resume. All qualified candidates will be contacted as we currently have a number of openings at different job levels due to growth. We're excited to hear from you!