About Manulife Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$ 888 billion (US$663 billion) as at September 30, 2015. Our group of companies operates as Manulife in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.
- Understand the company's business strategy and effectively design work flow to support the business processes and functions within the organization in order to maintain the company's competitiveness within the organization in order to maintain the company's competiveness within the asset management industry.
- Develop work flow and document flow within the organization.
- Plan, supervise and manage Fund Accounting & Registrar Department and ensure that maximum economic benefit and effective utilization is achieved.
- Develop annual administrative and capital budgets for the Fund Accounting & Registrar Department and maintain expenditures within the budget prescribed.
- Perform vendor management functions and liaison with third party service provider (such as bank, trustee, custodian, etc.) in order to carry out expected business transactions.
- Supervise the day-to-day operation of Fund Accounting & Registrar Department and associated work. Continuously evaluate, recommend and develop best practices and controls and streamline operational process to ensure consistent quality service to front office, clients and other business units.
- Oversees the development and related functions with regards to new business requirement and significant improvement of existing work flow.
- Acknowledge of new development in business procedures and assess their potential benefits to the organization.
- Undertake special projects as directed by the Chief Executive Officer & Regional Office.
- Maintain liaison with all departments to ensure that their management information, data processing procedure requirements are met on a timely and effective basis.
- Ensure that appropriate documentation standards are maintained for all key business procedures.
- Assure all data reporting to the SEC or third parties are timely and accurate.
- Ensure that there is no compliance and auditing issue within the business units & compliant with regulation.
- Ensure that the routine works of Fund Administration and Registrar Division are functional
- Lead the implementation of the MAM Thailand Operations model, aligning to the Global Operating Model whilst allowing locally unique processes where applicable.
- Participate Global and Regional Operations strategic projects, working closely with the Regional Head of Wealth and Investment Operations to ensure efficient implementation.
- Bachelor's/ Master's in Business Administration, Finance, Accounting or any business related field
- At least 5 years of Asset Management company or Financial industry experience
- Well rounded in Asset Management or Finance Industry
- Having knowledge in operation system / process / work
- Accredited to Security Investment Consultant or any investment related license
- Strong leadership and problem solving skills