- Plan and execute audit projects in accordance with department standards.
- Manage projects within time budgets and target dates, reporting any timing problems or budget over-runs to supervisors.
- Conduct interviews with management regarding the risks being managed by business unit; and assist in developing audit programs to evaluate these risks.
- Lead audit staff assisting on projects and review completed files to ensure quality of work completed.
- Assist in assessing control effectiveness.
- Assist in preparing audit reports, including executive summary and audit issues, making practical and value-added recommendations to improve risk management practices and the efficiency and effectiveness of operations.
- Assist in presenting findings and recommendations to business unit management; resolve contentious issues and reach agreement on appropriate solutions.
- Follow up on open audit issues until resolved.
- Provide feedback to staff on assignments and contribute to their development.
- Utilize technology to improve effectiveness and efficiency of audit process.
- Assist business unit management by providing risk management consulting support and risk management education and training.
- Complete assigned work required to support External Auditors.
- Demonstrated understanding of business processes and their risk implications, being able to analyze situations, reach appropriate conclusions, and make value-added and practical recommendations
- Demonstrated knowledge of audit methodologies, project management and system development methodologies, control frameworks and risk management practices, and regulatory requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of life insurance operations
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas and recommendations orally and in writing, and to listen and consider ideas of others
- Strong customer focus and commitment to quality
- Ability to develop and carry out audit programs to deliver quality results on time and within budget
- Ability to exercise and demonstrate sound judgment
- Results oriented; ability to balance multiple priorities and projects
- Proven relationship skills including a demonstrated ability to deal effectively with business units and staff at all levels
- Leadership skills in achieving departmental, project and individual objectives
- Ability to manage goals in situations without formal structure and to adapt to change
- University degree required
- A recognized accounting (CPA, CA, CMA, CGA) or auditing (CIA) designation desirable.
- 2 to 4 years of internal/external audit or equivalent business experience.
- This Position Description is intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by employees in this job. It is not intended to be a complete list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required for this job classification.