Join our global team in a role that requires innovation, collaboration, and forward thinking.
The Investment Technology Middleware team, comprised of onshore and offshore members, is tasked with providing troubleshooting and support services for Application Support teams in Group Functions and Investment Division of Manulife.
In this essential role, the Business Analyst (BA) will participate in upgrade projects for software platforms that are being used by over 70 applications. Some of the primary responsibilities of this role includes keeping track of open issues, following up with application system owners and other key stake holders, and maintaining team’s and project’s profiles on Yammer – Manulife’s social network site.
This role requires a highly motivated individual that is proficient with variety of communication media and can efficiently manage their time in a fast-paced multitasking environment. As part of the Platform Services group, you will interact with other teams that cover areas such as platforms, systems, IT architecture, development, project management, business systems analysis, application support, and quality assurance. You’ll join a world-class company known for its commitment to innovation, diversity, community involvement and work-life balance.
- Perform standard BA tasks for new and existing projects
- Maintain Platform Support & Services SharePoint and Yammer sites.
- Interact with team members in overseas locations to coordinate projects, meetings and current websites improvements
- Contribute in developing projects by giving innovative ideas and working alongside the managers
- Learning the basics of current and new applications used by the team
- Keep abreast of industry and software news that are impactful to supported Platform software
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite 2016, including MS Outlook
- Understanding of basic telecomm technology (video conferencing, instant messaging, VOIP etc.)
Nice to have:
- Previous Coop or work experience is a plus
- Exposure to MS Project and MS Visio
- Experience with maintaining official social network site page
About Manulife/John Hancock
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate primarily as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. As of September 30, 2017, we had over $1 trillion (US$806 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made $27.1 billion in payments to our customers. Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife/John Hancock is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.Qualifications