- Monitor all job scheduling environments.
- Overview of each infrastructure monitoring tool’s functions and various components. (TSO/ISPF, CA Workload Automation)
- Monitor Batch on all Platforms. (Mainframe, Midrange)
- Manage and maintain daily production playbook
- Investigate, escalate, resolve, and perform follow-up tasks on system and related problems as defined by policy, standards, and/or service level agreements.
- Provide feedback/instruction to business partner’s personnel in order to ensure staff is properly trained and updated on new procedures.
- Provides immediate workaround to production issues
- Performs timely escalation of critical jobs and communicates with the application teams or other appropriate groups such as Unix Admin, DBA’s, etc.
- Documents accurate write ups for root cause analysis and workarounds performed
- Performs Scheduling of batch jobs in ESP environment as defined on application team’s request
- Monitoring, identifying and reacting to problem situations to ensure successful completion of the batch cycles
- Familiarity with basic concepts of Data transmission software (FTP, NDM. CA job scheduler)
- Familiarity with monitor Batch on all Platforms. (Mainframe, Mid-range)
- Skilled in developing, testing and implementing changes in COBOL/JCL
- Excellent decision making skills and ability to troubleshoot basic operations issues and job failures
- Ability to work independently (this is a 24x7 shift and may require periods with no on-site supervision
- Ability to present complex ideas clearly, manages the complexities of integrating new technologies, and influence individuals across business boundaries to achieve objectives.
- Strong motivational and development skills, innovative problem solving skills, and negotiating skills. Solid financial management aptitude.
- Proven ability to exercise flexibility and judgment in assessing business issues and risks in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to identify necessary project resources and negotiate the proper levels of support from both technical and user communities.
- Strong knowledge of technology platforms and environments.
- Strong knowledge of business functions and issues.