Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
The objective of this position is to support/manage all the process improvement and digital transformation initiatives (from a business perspective) in Asia, to improve business process efficiencies and make the processes more customer centric. The role will help to shape and drive process excellence initiatives including business process re-engineering, technology implementation for end to end business operations perspective.
- Ensure successful delivery of Regional business process improvement, operational efficiency and customer centricity projects within a MNC Insurance environment using LEAN, Six Sigma methodology.
- Demonstrate thought-leadership in formulating and executing strategic plans on process governance and excellence.
- Working closely with the BUs, define the overall outcomes, scope, governance and projects required to deliver the transformation and achieve the organization’s ambition.
- Analyze a range of complex problems across the Back Office processes (New Business, Underwriting, Claims) identifying process inefficiencies, areas for improvement and automation opportunities utilizing a range of different sources.
- Design efficient business processes in order to improve the customer experience, organizational efficiency and eliminate non value add tasks incorporating LEAN methodology into the design.
- Run range of different workshops that support all types of projects (Process Improvement, System Implementation) and work with local business to create baseline current state process documentation and future state business requirements
- Design, manage and implement change management initiatives affecting people, processes, and organization. Manage the change journey throughout the conceptualization, development and implementation of new systems and technology.
- Ensure adequate management oversight and control over projects through formalized project management governance and reporting.
- Proven and in-depth experience (7+ years) in process excellence, change management and project management preferably in insurance.
- A strong facilitator with a delivery and execution background with proven experience of taking ownership.
- A strong business improvement toolset and experience defining and implementing best practice - Master Black Belt/Black Belt/Lean/Human Centered Design.
- Extensive project management and facilitation experience with project management certification – PMP/Prince 2.
- Strong stakeholder management, communication and influencing skills.
- Domain knowledge on Operations/Technology/Strategy within the Insurance business would be critical for the role to able to add value and partner with the business sponsors.
- Experience in robotic processing automation, business rules engine and business process management is preferred.
Skills/ Behaviors / Attributes
- Acumen to spot opportunities and develop them into viable projects
- Knowledge and proficiency in project management tools, techniques, and systems development methodologies and lifecycles, including Waterfall and Agile will be an advantage.
- Strong understanding of financial services, and customer experience.
- Strong conceptual skills and ability to exercise flexibility and judgment in a dynamic environment with forward-thinking mindset
- Strong analytical, problem solving and negotiation skills
- Highly effective influencing and interpersonal skills with proven ability to communicate effectively at all levels of management
- Extensive knowledge and understanding of analysis and operation improvement methodologies
- Good understanding of local regulatory compliance and requirements
- High proficiency in written and verbal communication skills
- Able to clearly express business processes and ideas verbally and in written English
- Able to present confidently to groups and senior stakeholders
- Self-initiated and have a strong drive to learn
- Ability to be a change agent
Manulife Financial Corporation is a leading international financial services group that helps people achieve their dreams and aspirations by putting customers' needs first and providing the right advice and solutions. We operate as John Hancock in the United States and Manulife elsewhere. We provide financial advice, insurance, as well as wealth and asset management solutions for individuals, groups and institutions. At the end of 2016, we had approximately 35,000 employees, 70,000 agents, and thousands of distribution partners, serving more than 22 million customers. At the end of 2016, we had $977 billion (US$728 billion) in assets under management and administration, and in the previous 12 months we made almost $26 billion in payments to our customers.
Our principal operations are in Asia, Canada and the United States where we have served customers for more than 100 years. With our global headquarters in Toronto, Canada, we trade as 'MFC' on the Toronto, New York, and the Philippine stock exchanges and under '945' in Hong Kong.
Manulife is committed to supporting a culture of diversity and accessibility across the organization. It is our priority to remove barriers to provide equal access to employment. A Human Resources representative will consult with applicants contacted to participate at any stage of the recruitment process who request an accommodation. Information received regarding the accommodation needs of applicants will be addressed confidentially.