"Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed?
With work that challenges and makes a difference, within a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations."
Description: The incumbent will be responsible of all asset modeling initiatives and consequently get exposure to most product types (Par, Adjustable, or Guaranteed) across multiple geographies (Canada, US, Asia). High level responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
• IFRS reserves using the Canadian Assets Liability Method (CALM)
• Dividend Recommendation
• Creation of Asset models
• Ownership of general asset model maintenance and efficiencies
• Provide asset-side support to DCAT, Plan, EV and dividend recommendation
• Produce the attribution\earning analysis to support AAT, CALM results
• Providing analysis for quarterly reporting and major initiatives (reinsurance transactions, asset trades, etc.) that receives very high visibility from senior management.
• Learning GGY AXIS from both an Asset and Liability modeling perspective.
• Demonstrating innovation on short term work like quarterly analysis as well as long term initiatives like process overhauls.
• Analyzing complex technical concepts that are significant components of earnings analysis but not extremely well understood at the company (e.g. stochastic modeling, reserving for future taxes, and expected earnings on inforce)
• Ad-hoc requests to support investigation of investment strategy changes
• Regular communication of asset model impacts with internal and external parties
• Flexibility in scheduling due to global team structure
• Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
• Well-developed communication skills
• Prioritization and organization of high-volume task lists
• Proficient knowledge of GGY AXIS modeling software
• Driven to produce high quality and timely results; Takes ownership of the work and accepts responsibility for work output.
• Ability to manage competing priorities
• Willingness and flexibility to adapt to changes to project requirements / responsibilities
• Near FSA with related experience
to changes to project requirements / responsibilities
• Near FSA with related experience
Commutation allowance and Variable Incentive Bonus are paid based on our Work Rules.
Standard Working Hours: 9:00am - 5:00pm (Full-Flextime system available)
Social Insurance (Health Insurance, Employees' Pension, Unemployment Insurance, Worker's Accident Insurance), Benefit One, Training system (include Japanese lesson / English lesson), Childcare Leave/Family care Leave, Baby-sitter support program, wiwiw System (Support program for those who take Childcare Leave), Retirement Pension (only for Regular employee).
Saturdays and Sundays
Year-end and new year holidays (December 30, December 31, January 2 and January 3)
Annual Paid Holiday
For Regular employee, other special holidays are available (e.g. Anniversary Leave, etc.)
Shinjuku Head Office, Tokyo Opera city, 3-20-2 Nishi Shinjuku, Shinjuku, Tokyo Japan
About Manulife Manulife is a leading Canada-based financial services group with principal operations in Asia, Canada and the United States. Clients look to Manulife for strong, reliable, trustworthy and forward-thinking solutions for their most significant financial decisions. Our international network of employees, agents and distribution partners offers financial protection and wealth management products and services to millions of clients. We also provide asset management services to institutional customers. Funds under management by Manulife and its subsidiaries were approximately C$ 888 billion (US$663 billion) as at September 30, 2015. Our group of companies operates as Manulife in Canada and Asia and primarily as John Hancock in the United States. Manulife Financial Corporation trades as 'MFC' on the TSX, NYSE and PSE, and under '945' on the SEHK. Manulife can be found on the Internet at manulife.com.