- Prepare and analyze monthly/quarterly credit risk focused reporting deliverables pertaining to Credit Committee, Senior Management, Regulators, Board of Directors, Financial Statements and other external disclosures. Credit risk reporting covers a broad range of asset types - bonds, mortgages, equity, money market, structured assets, alternative and long duration assets (ALDA), derivatives and reinsurance counterparty credits.
- Manage the re-design and optimization of Credit Risk Management reports, reporting infrastructure and processes for efficiency and effectiveness. Develop new reports and new risk measurements, as required, to enhance credit risk management and adapt existing reports for new assets. Document applicable processes and maintain reporting governance, including change management practice.
- Maintain up-to-date market and economy knowledge in order to be able to proactively provide in-depth analysis and value-added commentary on the impact to the quality of company’s portfolio.
- Liaise with key Business Units & Investment Desks to ensure information required by Regulators on a quarterly basis is accurate and filed on time.
- Use advanced data management and technical skills to provide extensive analysis on Fixed Income, Equity and other asset types. Job entails managing large volumes of data.
- Lead and support various system initiatives (OSFI’s RDARR etc.), making efficiency improvements on reporting and analysis, design and implementation of robust reporting processes using the prime data warehouse.
- Provide on-going coaching, mentoring and guidance to the junior staff to optimize the team performance.
- Participate in various credit risk focused ad-hoc projects and initiatives.
- 3+ years relevant experience, with exposure to credit risk (capital market, retail, commercial/corporate lending, derivatives), along with risk measurement methodologies, in the financial services or a directly related environment.
- Strong knowledge of derivatives and associated counterparty risk is an asset.
- Relevant undergraduate education required - Mathematics, Business Administration, Finance, Computer Science, Statistics; advanced degree desired – CFA, MBA, M. Fin, etc.
- Strong data management and business intelligence skills, or possessing a strong aptitude to learn.
- Strong programming experience in VBA, SQL, or other languages.
- Excellent analytical skills and the ability to think through problems, assessing a variety of factors and recommend solutions.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational communication skills and a high degree of professionalism combined with the ability to readily adapt to rapidly changing investment business and technology environments.
- Flexibility, organizational and project management skills commensurate with prioritizing, managing and completing multiple projects concurrently.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and meet tight timelines without compromising integrity of information.
Problems / Challenges:
- Stay current with and understand leading edge reporting tools and concepts as well as best practice in data management.
- Stay current with developments in credit markets.
- Advance / maintain knowledge of various lines of business to identify and measure credit risk on individual transactions and within various portfolios.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with various business units, and other departments across Manulife.
- Excellent management of change will be a top priority while balancing needs of various stakeholders.
Position Dimensions (Organizational Impact):
- Position deals with company’s overall credit risk exposure (i.e. multi-billion dollar portfolio
- Position deals with all business units involved with credit risk
- Reports, which are reviewed by Senior Management or presented to external stakeholders, must be timely and accurate.