Are you looking for unlimited opportunities to develop and succeed? With work that challenges and makes a difference and a flexible and supportive environment, we can help our customers achieve their dreams and aspirations.
Manulife’s Investment Division has embarked on an exciting journey that will transform the organization by harnessing the power of data and related analytics. This transformation is a key strategic enabler and we are looking for individuals who are passionate about joining the team that will lead this journey.
Investment Division Overview
Manulife's Investment Division manages the Company’s General Fund on-balance sheets assets (GA) and through Manulife Asset Management, manages assets for institutional clients and investment funds in key markets around the world. Manulife Asset management also provides investment management services to affiliates’ retail clients through product offerings of Manulife and John Hancock. The Division manages a broad range of investments including public and private bonds, public and private equities, mortgages, real estate, oil and gas, infrastructure, timberland, farmland and asset allocation strategies. The Division has physical presence in key international financial centers, including Canada, the United States, Hong Kong, Japan, the United Kingdom, Australia and throughout South-East Asia. The Investment Division is a significant market player with more than C$1 trillion in assets under management.
Overview of the Role
The Chief Data Office in close partnership with key business stakeholders, Global Investment Operations and Information Services will support the transformation of the organization to ensure data is leveraged as a strategic asset supporting our business goals.
- Lead or participate in the establishment of the Investment Division data governance program, including Framework, Policies, Processes, and Tools
- Lead the deployment of the communications and training strategy and assist with increasing data governance adoption and awareness across the division
- Apply change management principles and utilize appropriate messaging/positioning to drive adoption of complex, unfamiliar concepts with a broad stakeholder group
- Rapidly explore, learn, and deploy innovative approaches and tools to support change, communications, and training activities
- Participate in discussions with stakeholders to convey data governance concepts and drive adoption
- Lead the development and maintenance of communication/socialization, training, and knowledge sharing materials as well as associated resources/channels
- Support the coordination of executive-level Data Council Meetings
- Enable Chief Data Office participation in the data management industry activities and forums as well as active engagement with external industry and standards bodies
- Collaborate with all groups within the Chief Data Office to ensure alignment across data functions and delivery of the group’s overall objectives
- Lead or support cross-functional initiatives across the Chief Data Office to support the group’s overall objectives
- Promote organizational excellence through development of a culture of accountability, innovation and teamwork
- Build strong employee involvement, engagement and collaboration within and across teams.
- Support the successful implementation of the Global Optimization initiative as required
- Undergraduate degree in business, economics, or a quantitative discipline with asset management or financial services industry experience; CFA and/or MBA is an asset
- Experience in the implementation of transformational initiatives requiring change management, communication, and training, preferably related to data or information management
- Ability to explore, learn, and deploy innovative approaches and tools to support change, communications, and training activities
- Experience bridging the business and technology worlds with the ability to effectively collaborate across teams to achieve desired outcomes
- Confidence when dealing with investment professionals and senior management; ability to constructively challenge and influence stakeholders
- Tenacity to push past challenges while maintaining focus on the objective is essential
- Strong leadership, communication, and presentation skills
- Proficient in PowerPoint, Word, Excel, Visio and other communications/training tools
- Prior consulting or advisory experience is an asset
- Knowledge and experience with asset management systems and platforms is also an asset